2 propellers slowing down upon start-up

Reaction score
While I start the motors, I have noticed that two propellers (opposite from each other) spin slower than the other two which spin at a constant speed. After a 4 seconds or so within start up, one of the slow propellers comes to a complete stop and begins to spin again. I tried increasing the throttling knob to see if this goes away but it does not, one propeller is still spinning a lot slower than the other three. As a result, the drone falls forward and crashes. Doe anyone have any clue what might be going on?

Also, this drone is brand new. I calibrated it accordingly and all software is up to date.

While I start the motors, I have noticed that two propellers (opposite from each other) spin slower than the other two which spin at a constant speed. After a 4 seconds or so within start up, one of the slow propellers comes to a complete stop and begins to spin again. I tried increasing the throttling knob to see if this goes away but it does not, one propeller is still spinning a lot slower than the other three. As a result, the drone falls forward and crashes. Doe anyone have any clue what might be going on?

Also, this drone is brand new. I calibrated it accordingly and all software is up to date.

Where did you buy this unit?

Take it back and get a refund or exchange. Why would you want to even fly that? If you did take off the chances are it will cut off in mid flight and kill someone at the very worst.

Your ESC's are bad and the motors might be too. I know this from fixing this issue almost every time I've had a hard crash. If you know how to solider, its an easy fix and does not take a long time, but if this was suppose to be brand new and a refund or exchange is an option still go with that. Now if those are not options and you want to do some DIY hears what your going to need.

A soldiering iron
some electrical soldier
Some flux ( yes you need it believe me)
New/used esc and motors for your bird (If your thinking about upgrading motors now would be a great time)
Check eBay and you might get lucky and find the esc and motor all together like the pictures below.
Once you get everything.

1. Mark the 2 motors that have failed.

2. Take the top off the bird, make sure not to damage the GPS cord.

3. remove the 2 tiny screws holding the esc down

4. use the soldiering iron to remove the 2 wires from the main board. ( make sure your iron is hot ) it should only take a few seconds to heat the soldier to remove it from the main board. ( Do not just sit the iron on the board, place the iron on the soldier while lightly pulling it. (should slide right off)

5. Clean up the old soldier points and add a little flux ( the flux will make the soldier flow better)

6. Tin your soldier iron. follow the link if your don't know how

7. Re soldier the wires exactly the way you removed them

Here's a video that covers everything, in case you need a visual.

s-l1600.jpg

Attachments

• s-l16001.jpg
    s-l16001.jpg
    274 KB · Views: 332
Your ESC's are bad and the motors might be too. I know this from fixing this issue almost every time I've had a hard crash. If you know how to solider, its an easy fix and does not take a long time, but if this was suppose to be brand new and a refund or exchange is an option still go with that. Now if those are not options and you want to do some DIY hears what your going to need.

A soldiering iron
some electrical soldier
Some flux ( yes you need it believe me)
New/used esc and motors for your bird (If your thinking about upgrading motors now would be a great time)
Check eBay and you might get lucky and find the esc and motor all together like the pictures below.
Once you get everything.

1. Mark the 2 motors that have failed.

2. Take the top off the bird, make sure not to damage the GPS cord.

3. remove the 2 tiny screws holding the esc down

4. use the soldiering iron to remove the 2 wires from the main board. ( make sure your iron is hot ) it should only take a few seconds to heat the soldier to remove it from the main board. ( Do not just sit the iron on the board, place the iron on the soldier while lightly pulling it. (should slide right off)

5. Clean up the old soldier points and add a little flux ( the flux will make the soldier flow better)

6. Tin your soldier iron. follow the link if your don't know how

7. Re soldier the wires exactly the way you removed them

Here's a video that covers everything, in case you need a visual.

View attachment 97051

If you have been replacing motors everytime you had a hard crash you have been wasting your money. The only thing that can get damaged are the ESC modules as for motors bad bearings or a bent shaft would be the only damaged that might happen which would require replacement.

Thanks for the information, but when I replace the esc from a high crash , I just change the whole thing motors included, By doing this I do not have to inspect the motors for damage and I know 100% my bird is ready. Yes I could dismember my bird. remove the esc from the main board, then remove the motor and inspect each motor for damage, but I like to know 100% my bird is in tip top shape when I take her out.

Thanks

If you have been replacing motors everytime you had a hard crash you have been wasting your money. The only thing that can get damaged are the ESC modules as for motors bad bearings or a bent shaft would be the only damaged that might happen which would require replacement.

Thanks for the information, but when I replace the esc from a high crash , I just change the whole thing motors included, By doing this I do not have to inspect the motors for damage and I know 100% my bird is ready. Yes I could dismember my bird. remove the esc from the main board, then remove the motor and inspect each motor for damage, but I like to know 100% my bird is in tip top shape when I take her out.

Thanks

Im with Wimm317, after any hard crash where the motors have an issue I would most definately replace the motors as well, better safe than sorry.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl