ZenMuse Installation Really Plug and Play?

Reaction score
I have a Phantom 2 Vision. I want to consider installing the Zenmuse H3-2D (or maybe 3D) with the gopro camera.

Is this really a plug and play install with my Phantom 2 Vision? I read something about soldering in the documentation and want to know what I am facing.

Can you control the GoPro camera functions within the Vision app? Start/Stop recording. Take Photo. Tilt the camera?

Thanks in advance.

The P2 Vision already has a gimbal and camera built in... you're trying to upgrade them? That's kind of the whole point of the Vision vs non-Vision model debate is the Vision models are not considered to be as user-upgradeable as the non-Vision models.

The Phantom 2 NON Vision models are the ones designed to take a Zenmuse gimbal and GoPro.. THOSE are basically plug and play (no soldering) but I can't help you with what would be involved in converting a Vision to non-vision.

Can you control the gopro with the vision app? no. Could you with the GoPro app? in range yes.
Be sure you understand this concept: Phantom 2 NON Vision models the remote control operates on the same 2.4Ghz frequencies as wifi, hence the widespread warnings never to run the gopro's wifi during flight. So with a NON Vision model you don't have any control over the gopro while in flight.. you have to hit record, fly, land and then stop.

The P2 Vision models were designed differently: their RCs run on different frequencies (5.8Ghz I believe) so that's why you can wifi to the camera and control it. So theoretically if you took a Vision model and somehow converted it to a Zenmuse and GoPro, the RC would still operate in a different frequency range and you could theoretically use the wifi on the gopro.

camera tilt is a function of the gimbal, not the camera. I can tell you on a NON vision model there's a lever on the back of the RC that controls the tilt of the gimbal but again I don't know exactly how the Visions work.

You may just be better off selling the P2-Vision intact and picking up a P2 non-Vision bundle with a gimbal... run parts that were all designed to work together instead of trying to hack on pieces from different models. my personal opinion.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31