Zenmuse H3-3D on a Phantom 2 Vision Plus

Thanks lol, no special sauce here I promise...I just keep tabs on a lot of dealers and the useful they sell :)

ATC I put a reply in your Taranis thread too btw.

OI Photography said:
ATC I put a reply in your Taranis thread too btw.
Yeah, I saw it already.

Thank you AGAIN :!: :!: :!:

. . . and in case nobody else has noticed, OI Photography just surpassed his 5000th posting here at Phantom Pilots!

No special sauce. . . MY *** :mrgreen:

Very Interesting thread as my 2 month old P2V+ has started the "gimbal not level" as many on the net.

So considering this mod rather than binning the quad....

OI Photography said:
Okay, I think I've got it straight in my head now lol. As long as your equipment list is the same as in that other thread, this is the cable that will connect the port on the mainboard to the iOSD mini and your boscam tx: http://www.dpcav.com/xcart/Video-Cable- ... xtech.html
For anyone who cares, I received this cable assembly today, that I ordered last week. I installed it and it works like a champ. One thing to note however. . .
After I hooked it up, I was a little nervous about powering on my Phantom, as the connector that plugs in to the "Cam" port was not wired as I would have expected. Using my previous post as a reference:

ATC Drone Flyer said:
If you count the pins starting from the edge of the Main Board (let's call that Pin #1) I believe it goes like this:
1.) Camera Video
2.) Video Ground
3.) Camera Power 0 Volts (Neutral, Return or whatever you want to call it. . .)
4.) Camera Power 12VDC (or some other positive DC voltage)
This cable assembly is in fact wired thusly:
1.) No Connection - Empty
2.) No Connection - Empty
3.) Transmitter Power 0 Volts (Neutral, Return, Ground or whatever you want to call it. . .)
4.) Transmitter Power 12VDC (or some other positive DC voltage)
5.) Video Ground
6.) Video Out to iOSD mini

I'll post a photo later, after I get things tidied up a bit. . .

ATC Drone Flyer said:
I'll post a photo later, after I get things tidied up a bit. . .
This is what the end that plugs in to the CAM Port looks like:

AGV6Evy.jpg

No I'm using stock 5.8 ghz transmitter/receiver.
this photo isn't mine just wanted to show how I'm about to install iOSD mini.
When mine is done I will upload here some photos and videos.

Your FPV will more then likely never work. The main issue I see is the frequencies.
Controller for P2 uses 2.4 and FPV is 5.8

But from what I heard the P2v+ uses 5.8 for the controller and 2.4 for FPV for cell phone use. Get rid of that P2V POS and just get the real phantom 2. Then you can use a real FPV system not a crappy cell phone image with a few hundred feet of coverage...

Save yourself the trouble. Sell that vision and get the P2

Kelso Kubat said:
Your FPV will more then likely never work. The main issue I see is the frequencies.
Controller for P2 uses 2.4 and FPV is 5.8

But from what I heard the P2v+ uses 5.8 for the controller and 2.4 for FPV for cell phone use. Get rid of that P2V POS and just get the real phantom 2. Then you can use a real FPV system not a crappy cell phone image with a few hundred feet of coverage...

Save yourself the trouble. Sell that vision and get the P2
Just out of curiousity, who where you directing that statement toward?

@ATC,

I'm trying to do the same conversion (Vision 2+ DJI gimbal and camera to Zenmuse H3-3D), and after reading through this thread am still a bit confused as to what parts I need. Were you successful?

Obviously I need the gimbal and GoPro, but do I need a new 8-pin cable as well? There was also mention of other boards as well, not sure what those are for.

Thanks!
David

dlocascio said:
@ATC,

I'm trying to do the same conversion (Vision 2+ DJI gimbal and camera to Zenmuse H3-3D), and after reading through this thread am still a bit confused as to what parts I need. Were you successful?
YES. . .

dlocascio said:
Obviously I need the gimbal and GoPro, but do I need a new 8-pin cable as well? There was also mention of other boards as well, not sure what those are for.

Thanks!
David
I've had several other members ask me similar questions (via PM), and I'm planning to do one huge consolidated post describing all the details, parts, sources of supply, costs, etc. Unfortunately it will take some time for me to put all that together, and I'm really busy with NON-Phantom related business at the moment; so that will have to wait a few more days.

dlocascio said:
but do I need a new 8-pin cable as well?
YES!

More to come (hopefully sooner, rather than later :) ). . .

ok , so now im on the same page, but i didnt buy video 2.4 rx tx yet. Im looking for a way to avoid that , maybe using current video builded in, or how about bumping the wifi range of gopro cam ? wifi repeter ?

thx , ive seen it , the problem is is still on pre-order, i need the setup to be ready on tuesday :/ also price - about 300 euro :/
im waiting for my gopro 4 , thinking of expanding range of gopro to use it as fpv , in this scenario vision 2+ will work ok

stryjek said:
how about bumping the wifi range of gopro cam ? wifi repeter ?
From what I've read, other people have attempted this already. It was not particularly fruitful. Max range for GoPro Wi-Fi appears to be around 800 feet using Wi-Fi repeaters and directional antennas. :(

I know that 'Dronexpert' out of the Netherlands has been working on a solution for about six months. Maybe they will finish it someday. . .
Product Demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y_aB4gylS8

so if 2.4 radio will interfere with 2.4 video link what about if dji ground station is working on 2.4 and people use it with 2.4 phantom remote controller and it doesnt make any problems ?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl