Zenmuse H3-2D + NazaM v2/GPS receiver for $699?

Reaction score
Hmmm ... I've started noticing a number of websites start offering the Zenmuse H3-2D + NazaM v2/GPS receiver for the same price of the Zenmuse H3-2D alone ($699) and equivalent in the UK accounting for exchange rate. While it sounds like a compelling deal knowing how much the NazaM v2 kit costs, I've yet to bite because I suspect that they may be trying to dump Zenmuse H3-2Ds that they know have problems and sweetening the deal with the v2 NazaM kit. Believe me this would be a cracking deal if not for all of the problems people are having! Any opinions? Thanks.

Yeager said:
Hmmm ... I've started noticing a number of websites start offering the Zenmuse H3-2D + NazaM v2/GPS receiver for the same price of the Zenmuse H3-2D alone ($699) and equivalent in the UK accounting for exchange rate. While it sounds like a compelling deal knowing how much the NazaM v2 kit costs, I've yet to bite because I suspect that they may be trying to dump Zenmuse H3-2Ds that they know have problems and sweetening the deal with the v2 NazaM kit. Believe me this would be a cracking deal if not for all of the problems people are having! Any opinions? Thanks.

I actually bought one of these packages. I didn't need the Naza because I already have an upgrade board, so I sold the Naza on ebay. It's almost like getting half off the Zenmuse at the end of the day.

I actually bought one of these packages. I didn't need the Naza because I already have an upgrade board, so I sold the Naza on ebay. It's almost like getting half off the Zenmuse at the end of the day.

Thanks lilwheat, how is it working out for you with the Zenmuse H3-2D? Who did you buy yours from? Thanks.

Yeager said:

Thanks lilwheat, how is it working out for you with the Zenmuse H3-2D? Who did you buy yours from? Thanks.

It just came in over the weekend and I've been trying to get my work bench cleared off for the install. Should be happening later this week. HOPEFULLY I will not be on here looking for troubleshooting help :D

lilwheat said:
Yeager said:

It just came in over the weekend and I've been trying to get my work bench cleared off for the install. Should be happening later this week. HOPEFULLY I will not be on here looking for troubleshooting help :D

Thanks, lilwheat. Best of luck with your gimbal. Will keep an eye out for your experience with it. Thanks again.

The v2 gimbal does look to be made cheaper then v1, some people I know have had both versions and they all seem to say the v2 seems cheaper. To me possibly cutting costs to cover replacements of a large percentage of those sold. So really they should drop the price of the gimbal to be more competitive with others and as the quality really doesnt justify the premium pricing it seems. Also the hero4 is just around the corner and likely this will be a different form factor which I suspect the gimbal wont work with unless modified.

I really wanted to buy a DJI gimbal as the images are great when it works but just seems too whimpy and under engineered to me. If made specifically for a hero3 and DJI phantom or other DJI quads it should have no issues with any load this can put on the gimbal. Also not being able to add lens protectors or filters to the camera with the DJI really turned me off it at first then the relatively easy shutdown under load and high failure rate has made me completely stay away.

I would gladly pay the original retail price for it if the gimbal was actually a premium product but to me it looks too weak and unreliable.

martcerv said:
The v2 gimbal does look to be made cheaper then v1, some people I know have had both versions and they all seem to say the v2 seems cheaper. To me possibly cutting costs to cover replacements of a large percentage of those sold. So really they should drop the price of the gimbal to be more competitive with others and as the quality really doesnt justify the premium pricing it seems. Also the hero4 is just around the corner and likely this will be a different form factor which I suspect the gimbal wont work with unless modified.

I really wanted to buy a DJI gimbal as the images are great when it works but just seems too whimpy and under engineered to me. If made specifically for a hero3 and DJI phantom or other DJI quads it should have no issues with any load this can put on the gimbal. Also not being able to add lens protectors or filters to the camera with the DJI really turned me off it at first then the relatively easy shutdown under load and high failure rate has made me completely stay away.

I would gladly pay the original retail price for it if the gimbal was actually a premium product but to me it looks too weak and unreliable.

Thanks, martcerv. Its very interesting about the quality of v2. I agree that the DJI gimbal isn't worthy of a premium product label and there are other gimbals out there at a much lower price that seem to integrate well with the DJI products and seem to be much more reliable. Oh well I had hoped DJI could get it together, but I guess not. Too many issues.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31