Best FPV for Phantom 2 with Zenmuse H3-2D

TeamAguilar said:
All good and happy with this set up but question. Are you really getting about 2 km of range? Seems like I get about half of that before the picture on the monitor really starts to flicker. For me it's ok because I really don't fly this out of my sight.

What could affect the signal?

environment and interference perhaps?

in a zero-interference environment... yes. I've been out over 1800m with my Phantom off the side of a mountain in the middle of nowhere eastern MA and my FPV was as rock solid as when it's sitting right next to me. I easily could have gone another ~150m to hit 2k and I intend to the next time I'm in that area.

I fly a lot over the city (super high interference environment) and indeed my range is much less, I've been out to 1100m or so and I actually lose RC control before I lose FPV, even with an upgraded FPVLR antenna on my RC. interference is a huge factor

gword256 said:
I just picked up TeamAguilar setup as well. I didn't see the white receiver on Hobbyking and got mine from banggood. I know I searched but must have put a number in wrong. It's coming up 129$ after the 5 minute popup. No matter anyway because with shipping it's still 6$ more from Hobbyking.

Now everything is on the slow boat from China so I'll report back in a month on the results :-/

Hooray,

I just got all my stuff delivered. Banggood.com did indeed take over a month to deliver so I'll consider that for my next purchase. Now to the stuff.

1. RX-LCD5802 5.8GHz 7" LCD Diversity Receiver Monitor for RC FPV

2. DJI iOSD Mini On-Screen Display for Real-Time Flight Information (Black)

3. Boscam FPV 5.8G 400mW AV Transmitter Module TS353

4. $9.99 - Video Cable - Video Cable for Phantom2 with DJI iOSD Mini & Zenmuse (Flysight ~ Boscam ~ Foxtech)

5. DJI Monitor Mount from Rave

I did not pickup any aftermarket antenna's and it's working great for the range I want. 400' Up and 1200' out no interference. I did end up going a little farther out then I wanted and signal started to cut out around 550m (whats that about 1700'?). I played with the antenna's a bit and got signal back. I didn't try to go any father as I couldn't see the phantom anyway.

So long story short I don't see any need to update stock antenna's right now and I am happy with the setup.

gword256 said:
gword256 said:
I just picked up TeamAguilar setup as well. I didn't see the white receiver on Hobbyking and got mine from banggood. I know I searched but must have put a number in wrong. It's coming up 129$ after the 5 minute popup. No matter anyway because with shipping it's still 6$ more from Hobbyking.

Now everything is on the slow boat from China so I'll report back in a month on the results :-/

Hooray,

I just got all my stuff delivered. Banggood.com did indeed take over a month to deliver so I'll consider that for my next purchase. Now to the stuff.

1. RX-LCD5802 5.8GHz 7" LCD Diversity Receiver Monitor for RC FPV

2. DJI iOSD Mini On-Screen Display for Real-Time Flight Information (Black)

3. Boscam FPV 5.8G 400mW AV Transmitter Module TS353

4. $9.99 - Video Cable - Video Cable for Phantom2 with DJI iOSD Mini & Zenmuse (Flysight ~ Boscam ~ Foxtech)

5. DJI Monitor Mount from Rave

I did not pickup any aftermarket antenna's and it's working great for the range I want. 400' Up and 1200' out no interference. I did end up going a little farther out then I wanted and signal started to cut out around 550m (whats that about 1700'?). I played with the antenna's a bit and got signal back. I didn't try to go any father as I couldn't see the phantom anyway.

So long story short I don't see any need to update stock antenna's right now and I am happy with the setup.

Nice, keep us updated on how things go! :D

Quick update on my setup. I received all the items finally. The receiver from Banggood did take the longest to arrive.

I also went with the 5.8GHz Premium Combo from FPVLR. They give you the option on the site to choose either SMA male or RP-SMA connectors. I quickly chose SMA male to match the 5802 monitor but did not realize the TS353 transmitter needed the RP-SMA connector. So I'm currently flying with upgraded antennas on the monitor and the stock antenna on the TS353 transmitter (which works well so far). I'm in process of exchanging the wrong antenna. :(

I bought this package. Very easy to install and I'm loving it so far:

http://www.dpcav.com/xcart/Black-Pearl-FPV-Package-Deal-for-Phantom2-iOSD-Mini.html

It's everything I needed, except I got an extra battery for the Black Pearl Monitor and a harness to put my monitor on the R/C.

I then used this video to figure out how to install everything neatly inside the PHantom:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

HOpe that works for you!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31