Zenmuse H3-2D for FPV?

Reaction score
What would be a good video transmitter system for use with the Zenmuse H3-2D and DJI Phantom? Also how easy is it to install the Zenmuse H3-2D if I have a DJI Phantom with Naza M V2?

Thanks!

It's my understanding that none of the Phantom's have Naza V2. You will need to purchase the separate PMU for the gimbal.

I am also interested in the smallest, pluggable video tx/rx for the H3-2D/Phantom combination to assist in framing video. Range and goggle setup is secondary and would prefer a 7 inch display.

The DJI tx/rx seems kind of large.

R23w said:
What would be a good video transmitter system for use with the Zenmuse H3-2D and DJI Phantom? Also how easy is it to install the Zenmuse H3-2D if I have a DJI Phantom with Naza M V2?

Thanks!

I hope this thread stays current. I, too, have been thinking for quite some time now about an FPV system to go with my H3 that is on the way. Like some other folks, I'm looking to get a set of component components that are already proven, and that I know work well with the Phantom. Speaking for myself, for the time being I would like to use a screen rather than goggles.

Maybe someone will be able to spell out such a system in this thread.

Ok, I have attitude goggles with an av out w/cables. The cable can send video to a screen, powered by a battery.
Problem is the goggles are too clumsy to use as an exclusive RX.

I have the DJI avl5.8 setup and am happy with the signal quality out of it having flown to 600m without issues. After a bit of research I am suspecting that the only dji parts are the 2 antenna's and this seems like a bit of a marketing trick but the tx and rx work as advertised so Im still happy with it. The size of the tx and rx are pretty small and tx with antenna only weighs 68g I think from memory.

My first screen worked well in terms of no blue screen an ari 7 inch but its not bright enough even with a sun hood so I have ordered a better screen which spec wise should be perfect for fpv. Fingers crossed it works to spec and I will be fully sorted, my current screen is pretty useless in bright ambient light and so I wouodnt recommend that screen and look into something that is at least 450cd/m2 the one I ordered is 1000cd/m2 which is 5 times brighter then my current screen.

martcerv said:
I have the DJI avl5.8 setup and am happy with the signal quality out of it having flown to 600m without issues. After a bit of research I am suspecting that the only dji parts are the 2 antenna's and this seems like a bit of a marketing trick but the tx and rx work as advertised so Im still happy with it. The size of the tx and rx are pretty small and tx with antenna only weighs 68g I think from memory.

My first screen worked well in terms of no blue screen an ari 7 inch but its not bright enough even with a sun hood so I have ordered a better screen which spec wise should be perfect for fpv. Fingers crossed it works to spec and I will be fully sorted, my current screen is pretty useless in bright ambient light and so I wouodnt recommend that screen and look into something that is at least 450cd/m2 the one I ordered is 1000cd/m2 which is 5 times brighter then my current screen.

What replacement screen did you get? thx!

I have the FatShark FPV set and it works great.
yesterday I made the video cable which is deliverd with the zenmuse and it works great and can be held insidethe phantom.
Of course you will have to scatch the transmitter outside but this is very easy

Best regards

geckodrop said:
I have the FatShark FPV set and it works great.
yesterday I made the video cable which is deliverd with the zenmuse and it works great and can be held insidethe phantom.
Of course you will have to scatch the transmitter outside but this is very easy

Best regards
@geckoDrop
I've been using the phantom with the Zenmuse and am just got my FatShark Predator V2's. Im looking to connect the Zenmuse Video out cable to the Fatshark transmitter. UNfortunately the Cables are different colors.
The 3 Zenmuse wires are Yellow, Red and Black.
The 3 Fat shark wires are White, Red and Black.

Anyone know which colors are connected to properly get the video to display?

Thanks for your help!

Randy

Attachments

• IMG_9127.JPG
    IMG_9127.JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 1,928
Talking about FPV cable colors, usually are:

YELLOW - WHITE: Video Signal
RED : Battery + (power 5v / 12v)
BLACK: Battery - (ground)

I've got a Zenmuse H3-2D and a GoPro Hero 3... Just wired up the video & power cable out for the Fatshark Predator goggles...

The transmitter is getting power, the goggles have static and lines on the screen - but no picture.
The GoPro is on, wireless is turned off, SD card is in (don't know if that matters)...but still no picture.
The Video cable into the Naza has yellow (which I connected to the white Fatshark cable), black (which I connected to the black Fatshark cable) and Red (which I connected to the Fatshark red).

Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong? It feels sooooo close! :) Thanks in advance.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1