Phantom 1 + zenmuse h3-2d tilt problem

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a problem with the zenmuse h3-2d on my phantom 1. Let me explain what I did so far and what the problem is.

1. I bought the zenmuse h3-2d with the upgrade kit.
2. Installed the upgrade kit with the help of DJI video's
3. Installed the zenmuse h3-2d
4. powered on to check status: zenmuse works perfect... looking straight forward and does what he needs to do when i move my phantom
5. I instal the lever for the controller
6. power on again to check the controller to make the camera look up or down => doesn't work at all.
7. I start up the assistant software and upgrade my firmware. (I didn't notice that the AS didn't reconize the new board) I try again the lever on my controller... no result. + extra problem: the camera faces straight down!
8. I downgraded the firmware... no change.
9. I found out that i have to use the V2.2 assistant software => upgraded the firmware and found out that the AS now finds the new board! (some improvement) the AS also finds my zenmuse. tough i can not upgrade the firmware of that.

the problems i have now:
gimbal looks straight down when i start up
pitch control doesn't work
can not upgrade the firmware of my gimbal
gimbal assistant software doesn't find any connection with the gimbal

any help would be welcome.

With kind regards
Stijn U.

Attachments

• Naamloos1.png
    Naamloos1.png
    48.1 KB · Views: 732
You have all the right firmware it looks like, and the Gimbal Assistant software won't work when using a P2.

It sounds like you may just need to calibrate the X1 channel and your controller as well. Start by connecting your controller to the PC via USB and running the RC Assistant app to calibrate. Then connect your Phantom again and in the Phantom assistant you can calibrate the X1 channel on the RC tab.

Hey,

already thanks for the quick answer...

I callibrated the controller (left part of the screen I attached) worked fine... when I moved the sticks they went to the center...
unplugged the phantom after callibration.
Replugged the P1 and started the X1 callibration... when i move the lever on the back or when i move the lever (with a screw driver) of the opened controller nothing happens... it keeps standing totaly left.
any toughts on that?

with kind regards
Stijn U.

Attachments

• Naamloos.png
    Naamloos.png
    72.4 KB · Views: 745
I assume this is a Phantom 1.1.1, correct? If so, make sure the 2nd cable from the receiver inside is still connected to the X1 port on the NAZA.

Also check to make sure you're turning the right thing with the lever (or screwdriver)...there's two little pots on the back it can fit in, the higher one of the two is the correct one.

yes it is the P 1.1.1...
as far is i see and know is are all the cables connected inside the P1 (the only thing that can be is that i switched both cables... is that possible?) and i'm pulling the right lever...

Yes it is possible to have switched the X1 and X2 leads from the receiver, but I'm pretty sure if you had done that your sticks and switches wouldn't be responding properly. You can try swapping the cables in those two ports, but I doubt that will fix it.

The evidence at this point indicates you probably have a faulty pot inside the controller (the little component with the X that the lever turns). It can be replaced if you have soldering skills but I think most people just replace the controller in that situation.

It seems to me you have eliminated all the other possible causes. Since the X1 channel doesn't show any response in the software, the NAZA is not getting any input for that channel, and you've checked everything else I can think of.

I know a guy with soldering skills ;)

could i just switch the X1 pot with the x2 pot in the controller?

Hey,

the pots working perfectly, my friend measured them both!
we schearched for another sollution and found it!

you can find it in this topic!
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3025&start=20

anyway, thanks alot for the gotten help!
I loved the fast answer and the great way of thinking!
thank you!

with kind regards
Stijn U.

For fear of stating the obvious, as I didn't see mention of it in your posts Stijn, but did you enable the gimbal function.

In the Assistant software you'll find this in the "Advanced" tab under "Gimbal". You need to enable the function by ticking the button box. From then on you can specify the amount of travel when you use the tilt lever on your transmitter.

Regards

Nidge

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers