Yes I have a Phantom 3 standard

@Duckydiver
Welcome to the forum!

Some info is confusing and missing.
#1 You have the same problem with the tablet and your phone?
#2 What are these devices, crApple or Android?
#3 When you loose your live video feed do you loose telemetry (data, elevation, battery levels, etc)?
#4 When the remote light goes red, what does the lights on the back of the Phantom do?
#5 What does the status light by the link switch do on the Phantom?

If you fail any of these questions you cannot fly anymore. :D

Notify DJI on this, this is really weird. :eek:

Rod

I have a Galaxy S8
Galaxy tablets and my daughter has a iPhone 8
I have hooked all of them up to the Phantom the green light on the RC comes on with the battery indicators lite up also fully loaded batterys
In the A.c. & RC And I make sure that none of the other electronics are on Wi-Fi Just the one I'm trying to connect

When the camera goes out in flight or On the ground i loos telemetry' elevation etc In a matter of minutes or seconds When the light on the remote turns red the lights on the back of the A.C.
Are still green Flashing telling me it still found GPS

The status light On the link switch turns red

I have a Galaxy S8
Galaxy tablets and my daughter has a iPhone 8
I have hooked all of them up to the Phantom the green light on the RC comes on with the battery indicators lite up also fully loaded batterys
In the A.c. & RC And I make sure that none of the other electronics are on Wi-Fi Just the one I'm trying to connect

When the camera goes out in flight or On the ground i loos telemetry' elevation etc In a matter of minutes or seconds When the light on the remote turns red the lights on the back of the A.C.
Are still green Flashing telling me it still found GPS

The status light On the link switch turns red

"the lights on the back of the A.C.
Are still green Flashing telling me it still found GPS"

Wow, I have no answers, I have failed so far. ;)

If the lights are green, then the Phantom see the remote, turn of the remote they should go yellow.
Then turn the remote back on, what happens?

Rod

Hum, when its broke can you move the camera with the remote and the mobile device?
If yes, can you take pictures, with app? I guess not....

Rod

In flight or on the ground
when I turn off the remote the lights turn yellow flashing When I turn the RC back on it goes back to green Flashing The big light on the remote turns red still

I can fly around with the Rc no problem All green ready to go But it won't let me go over a certain amount of feet or distance And it stays green

The 2nd I hook up my phone within minutes it disconnects I reset everything and it still doesn't work so I take out the battery on the AC and then everything lights up again

OK,
What if you do this.
Restart your mobile device. Bring up the Go App, Power on the Phantom, Wait until Phantom is flashing yellow say 20 seconds, then turn on the remote last, no need to fly-it, just let it sit, how long until it fails?

I wonder if the time will always be the same.

I'm really lost on this one, I think it is a problem in the Phantom, but I still not sure,have you tried any firmware stuff?

I guess post your app version and your firmware version, see if somebody see's something odd.

My P3S is grounded for a while. :rolleyes:

Rod

So if you leave everything on, just restart the Phantom, it will work again for a while?

Rod

Yeah I'll do that it sounds good I'll time it
I've even disconnected my house WiFi From my phone completely just so I have to go app
And I reset my phone With no apps open but the go app and wifi
But I will time it and see what happens thank you

OK the conclusion of the 1st test
Fine without Wi-Fi lets me fly Green lights flashing approximant Tell the battery runs out

And only so far in the air and so far away I'm guessing safe mode

2nd test

Once I hook my phone up to it Approximately 50 seconds Then the RC turns red all batteries are fully charged And I can fly it just about anywhere tell it disappears then wifi goes out And it starts to return home

3rd test this time I got the wifi to work for about 50 seconds got good video when up about a 150'

It said connection lost on my phone

I hear good things about those, for me personally I'm not fond of the RC just reminds me of a PlayStation controller. I'm an old School RC pilot been in the hobby for 35 years. I like square bulky RC devices lol and I still have quite a bit of that old stuff running AM and FM band. If I happen on to a deal for a Mavic I may grab it, But its not on my wish list. I really like the Phantom line and more so the P3 series. I have a standard and the 4K. after Christmas I will buy the P3Pro and sell my standard or hold onto it for my grandson.

What software do you use? I've had trouble with Go & Litchi on same phone. Go always shows weak signal & Litchi has trouble connecting. I've deleted Go & things work great now. I have Go on different device, it seems to work ok, too.

Looking to find out what I can do For Phantom 3 standard

I just bought a new remote It's doing the exact same thing as my old remote

So thats telling me it's not the remote
I can fly with camera view and phone for about 5 minutes or less
And then the camera shuts down and the remote turns red

I can still fly without camera just fine

When I go to turn my phone on wifey for the camera view the remote turns red

I was wondering if there is something inside the actual drone a wire loose or What color with the wire be that might be making the controller not connect to the drone

I have reset reconnected the remote several times and it turns green just fine
If the light on the controller stays green and you can fly the aircraft without the tablet the problem has to be the tablet. Sounds crazy but I had the same problem. After three days of frustration I was ready to send my one week old P3 back. The problem was the same with two Nexus 7 and an LG-G6 phone. I removed the DJI GO4 and Litchi apps and force stop DJI GO. After re-connecting WiFi and starting DJI GO it stayed connected. My guess is your tablet is not compatible or you have a conflicting app loaded. It doesn't seem possible the tablet would do this but sh..t did happen. I reloaded Litchi but have to always force stop Litchi before connecting with DJI GO. I have to force stop DJI GO to fly with Litchi.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl