Ya know what sucks... Litchi..

Reaction score
No... not Litchi... but the lack of clear instructions when using it... just a trial and error process and only sucks when I have one chance to do something and it just doesn't or didn't come out the way I wanted..

When setting those way points I wanted a nice sweeping view but couldn't remember if the altitude was from my take off point or in relation to something else....

I know my lack of experience... but the gimble was pointed down way to much of the time... just remember folks when using the POI set the altitude higher then you would expect... at least in my case flying over a beautiful golf course... I saw way to much fairway.. .and not enough open space looking down towards the hole..

My mistake... live and learn.. but hopefully this helps someone else as they plan out the mission..

The POI height is referenced to your home point. It's on you to estimate what it might be with reference to where you launched from. Once you learn how the various flight modes operate (Litchi does seem to provide satisfactory explanations) all will be good. Plenty of YouTube tutes to help you if needed. The situation equally applies to autopilot or any other third party app.

You really should read the manual before you fly! It is real easy. Litchi far outflies DJI GO and is much more reliable.
Jim
WA5TEF

Litchi has a lot of helpful information on their website here.

I am lazy. I never use point of interest. I let it start the mission, point the camera down at an angle and hope for the best. Never failed

I am lazy. I never use point of interest. I let it start the mission, point the camera down at an angle and hope for the best. Never failed
Too bad! If you are referring to Litchi, you are missing one of its best features. Might as well go back to DJI GO and suffer there!
Good luck,
Jim
WA5TEF

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31