x1 not working on my dj6 controller of new phantom v1.1

I'm not sure. I know that Nogales cal of x1 HAD to be done first in the RC Assistant. It took me several tries before it finally worked.

This drove me CRAZY but I finally solved it. My tilt lever was working perfectly until I decided to open my tx and tighten the stick springs. After doing so, I put it back together and decided to calibrate the sticks only to find my X1 channel was not working properly. I tried calibrating it in the Phantom 2 Assistant (like DJI says) but it didn't work. The slider jumped around and the camera would not tilt proportionately to the movement of the lever. It was either straight ahead or straight down with a very narrow range on the lever.

I calibrated the sticks in the RC Assistant then calibrated them in the Phantom 2 Assistant then calibrated X1 in the Phantom 2 Assistant just like DJI says to do.....same result. After reading that some of you guys were calibrating X1 in RC Assistant, I tried to figure out how you were doing that. My version (1.1) does not allow for calibration of X1 so I opened my tx and clicked "Calibration" then followed the instructions for stick calibration but before I finished, I used a small screwdriver to move the pot for X1 back and forth. That's when I noticed the slider in the software moved proportionately to the turn of the pot. The slider values went from -1000 at full CCW rotation to 995 at full CW rotation so I turned the pot until I got about a -2 reading (center). I put the tx case back together then started the Phantom 2 Assistant.

Next, I opened the Phantom 2 Assistant and calibrated the sticks then calibrated X1. During X1 calibration, the first movement of X1 caused the slider to jump quickly to the opposite side but I kept moving the lever all the way to the end of its travel. When I moved it back slowly to the beginning of its travel, the slider moved proportionately (a good sign!). I did this back and forth slowly about 3-4 times then clicked finish and now the tilt works! FYI - I have the H3-3D gimbal. DJI should not have that note at the bottom of the calibration screen in the RC Assistant telling you to only calibrate X1 in the Phantom 2 Assistant software. A better message there would have saved me a TON of time! I was REALLY close to sending my Phantom 2, gimbal, and tx back! I hope this helps anyone else facing this. I also want to thank all those who kept saying to calibrate X1 in the RC Assistant. Had I not kept reading that, I would not have tried what I did. Thank you!

Attachments

• RC-Assistant-Wrong.jpg
    RC-Assistant-Wrong.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 508

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj