Steady Yellow light not green on Phantom 1 TX

Reaction score
I have Phantom 1 with H3-2D gimbal with DJ6 2.4 HZ TX. I turned on the tx then the Phantom and the camera immediately pointed down. It would only point straight when I turned off tx. I connected tx to pc and ran the RC ASSISTANT. I downloaded the latest firmware 1.0.2.26 and now when I turn on the tx it lights green 3 beeps and turns to what seems yellow and now motors wont start. I scoured this forum and used all the helpful info to no avail. i followed the binding instruction that seem to be the proper ones

1. Plug in battery with battery out of quad, the light will come on solid red on the receiver in the battery compartment.
2. Turn on DJ6. The led in the battery compartment will begin to blink green.
3. Hold down (or up really) press the button next to the led on the receiver until the light blinks red once or twice, 2 or 3 seconds, then let go.

During step 2 the led in batt compartment actually turns off never green. I calibrated the tx according to manual, in naza assistant and rc assistant numerous times to no avail. Receiver type set to d-bus and tx set to mode 2. Did advanced imu calibration and upgraded firmware on tx numerous times. The x1 tilt moves all the way facing down and when turn pot to center position with screwdriver will face up towards blades not straight. Naza assist says there is a latest update to 4.04 using naza assist version 2.4. Im on 4.02 naza assist version 2.20. I am fearful to do update as it might cause more issues..Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you

Depending on how you reply to the following, I will say pass on the update to 4.04. You are thinking as I would, no reason to cause any more issues until this one is sorted out.

Are you powering up your bird in a new location? Could there be some interference which you have not previously encountered?

What was the last change you made to your bird, and when? If it's recent, undo it.

How are the batteries in the controller?
Maybe you should disconnect the gimbal and see if the bird itself will operate normally.

Good luck, I'll follow the thread in the hopes we can resolve this.

EDIT: I did not know the transmitter/controller even had a YELLOW light.

Depending on how you reply to the following, I will say pass on the update to 4.04. You are thinking as I would, no reason to cause any more issues until this one is sorted out.

Are you powering up your bird in a new location? Could there be some interference which you have not previously encountered?

What was the last change you made to your bird, and when? If it's recent, undo it.

How are the batteries in the controller?
Maybe you should disconnect the gimbal and see if the bird itself will operate normally.

Good luck, I'll follow the thread in the hopes we can resolve this.

EDIT: I did not know the transmitter/controller even had a YELLOW light.
Thank You for the response. I am not powering up the Phantom anywhere new. I am in my kitchen near my router and cordless home phone. Oddly this is the only spot in my home where the naza assistant will recognize the quad. I haven't made any new changes. I did switch out to fresh batteries. I have not disconnected the gimbal. I will give it a try. I am desperate as I have a project this Saturday.

???????????
o_Oo_O
This actually resolved my issue. Then I just had to calibrate x1 to face forward. Thank for your help

If you, for any reason, messed up with your Phantom V1.1 (dual antenna receiver) transmitter and installed the 5.4G firmware instead of 2.4G firmware you can restore it by doing this:

1.- Download and install the "Phantom RC Assistant Software v1.1" from the Phantom 2 DJI support site (http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2/download)
2.- Turn on your transmitter (you will see green light hear a beep then a red light and finally no response)
3.- Open "Phantom RC Assistant Software v1.1"
4.- Press the reset button located next to the transmitter speaker while you do a power cycle.
5.- Go to "Info" tab in the "Phantom RC Assistant Software v1.1" and you will see at the device info section the firmware for your TX.
6.- Press the firmware version link and install it to your transmitter and follow instructions.
7.- Apply calibration as said here http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Pha...er_Calibration
8.- You're done, go on and fly
smile.gif

Reactions: IflyinWY

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4