Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Wrong Screws?

Discussion in 'Zenmuse H3-3D/H4-3D GoPro Gimbal' started by AmpKing, Apr 11, 2014.

1. AmpKing

Hi,

I'm trying to install my H3 3D Gimbal on the new Phantom 2 but my package came with M3x5 and M2.5x6 screws, not M2.5x5 screws. Can I use the M3x5 screws instead?

Thanks!

2. thongbong

yeah, either the video or the labeling on the package is wrong but yes, use the m3x5 screws.

3. AmpKing

4. bgalberta

I'm a newb, and have just installed my H3-3D gimbal today and wondered about the screws as well. I got two packages - one M3x5 and another M2.5x6.3

After a little panicking, I installed the damping unit using the M3x5 screws (small silver ones) and used the M2.5x6.3 (small black ones) to attach the camera bracket. As far as I can tell, this has worked. They both needed different screwdrivers, though. The screwdriver in the kit worked to attach the damping unit, but the bracket screws were hexagonal.

It's a little freaky getting mislabeled accessories. :shock:

Oh, and I went with zip ties instead of the plastic securing pins as others have suggested on the forum. Everything seems to work in the test mode, but I haven't flown yet.

5. Kelso Kubat

i think the same thing happened to me. M3•8 screws missing in my package. i went to the hardware store and easily replaced them. :shock: