Would you upgrade to a new phantom, **P4**?

Will you upgrade to the new P4 when released?

• Yes I will upgrade and sell my older gear

Votes: 17 14.0%
  • Yes I will upgrade and retain my older gear

Votes: 31 25.6%
  • No I will not upgrade and retain my older gear

Votes: 64 52.9%
  • I will upgrade to a higher class model (Inspire, Spreading Wings)

Votes: 9 7.4%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Hello All,

I am a proud owner of a Phantom 3 Adv and have been for the last several months, It has been an amazing device and was well worth it when I purchased it towards the end of last year. With the CES conference just passed and no new developments/releases (except for P34K) from DJI, to me it looks like a new phantom maybe on the near of being released as of the exceptionally low store prices....

I am just going to ask what your guys thoughts are on when the new device comes out, wether it be next week or in several months time.

What is your plan for you upgrading?

Will you? - Sell the P3 then purchase the newer model?
- Keep your P3 and purchase the newer model?
- Or just not upgrade at all?

This thread is open to all discussion on this topic, feel free to express your opinion

Thanks

Liam

Depends on what it offers

Reactions: Silvaplana
I usually hang onto my old models until I'm no longer flying them. When DJI releases new models, they are often so far advanced feature-wise that the older models are no longer as fun to fly. I will surely have my finger ready on the order button when the Phantom 4 is released :)

Reactions: Silvaplana
DJI did not announce it. We are all assuming they will continue the Phantom line though.

Hello All,

I am a proud owner of a Phantom 3 Adv and have been for the last several months, It has been an amazing device and was well worth it when I purchased it towards the end of last year. With the CES conference just passed and no new developments/releases (except for P34K) from DJI, to me it looks like a new phantom maybe on the near of being released as of the exceptionally low store prices....

I am just going to ask what your guys thoughts are on when the new device comes out, wether it be next week or in several months time.

What is your plan for you upgrading?

Will you? - Sell the P3 then purchase the newer model?
- Keep your P3 and purchase the newer model?
- Or just not upgrade at all?

This thread is open to all discussion on this topic, feel free to express your opinion

Thanks

Liam
I have really enjoyed the P3A...my first UAV. I would go for the P4 if it had extended flight time (30 minutes or better), and active collision avoidance.

Reactions: CaptPhantom
Hard to answer at this point. We don't know if there will be a P4/Inspire3, or if the line moves on to newer aircraft. Nor any idea what new features might be offered. Cellular control/FVP link & a 60 minute run time would top my list of desirable new features much to the chagrin of the VLOS crowd. ;)

It really depends on the future implementation and the extent of any systems/operational restrictions enforced or interpreted relative to MY LOCAL FLYING JURISTICTION.

If they haven't got that right, then I'm not interested in SUBSCRIBING to future DJI controlled systems.

It is becoming apparent that there will be no autonomous freedom of choice when flying DJI UAVs in the future.

Reactions: Sasquatch351
I have heard of all of the very restricting laws the US and UK have in-place but have not experienced them in person. It will just be a waiting game until they all arrive my home land....NZ. This P3 Adv has been my first DJI UAV and I haven't seen any restrictions come into play yet...

I have heard of all of the very restricting laws the US and UK have in-place but have not experienced them in person. It will just be a waiting game until they all arrive my home land....NZ. This P3 Adv has been my first DJI UAV and I haven't seen any restrictions come into play yet...
What restrictive laws in the US? Registration?

To the OP. No, don't think I'm going for a new model for a couple of years.

Reactions: Liam Carroll
The new 4K models are an anniversary model. If you read they are lower priced. They are basically a phantom standard with a 4K camera. For video. But what they don't have is then lightbridge controller. Only wifi so cuts the flight distance in half. That is what I read as far as the anniversary models are.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I went from a P1 to an F550 and 5hen to the P3A. I was happy with my F550 but was amazed at the difference that the P3 made. I am very happy with it. And a new model would probably mean new batteries and that means they would probably be more expensive ad the P3 are more than the P2. I think if they keep this up they will price themselves out of the mass market.

I decided to go a whole new direction just before the New Year & am actually going back to my roots. What I want to be doing, more 3D flying, and less cruising for pics and video. ;-)
Flying this awesome camera platform is nice, but it also distracts me from my other photography, where my Nikon D800 is concerned...,
The Phantom 3 Pro' of mine is great, for what it is, and I am grateful mine as been trouble and blemish free.
It just lacks some maneuvers & moves I enjoy... ;-)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

RedHotPoker

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic