Won't upgrade

Release notes said RC did not need updated.

Even though the DJI docs says RC is not required, there might be a possibility that some users are still on 1.1.8 or 1.1.9 on both bird and RC.
The latest firmware 1.4 requires the RC to have 1.3.2 firmware.

Do a 2 stage update - 1.3.2 for bird and remote and batteries.
And then 1.4 for the bird only.

Also try using the mem card that came with the P3. Format in Fat32. if that fails, try exFAT. FAT32 should be most compatible.

I just tried to update the newest firmware revision today. The P3 updated, but I can't get the RC to update, even with the USB reader with just the .bin file on it. The app says the the RC needs updated. The update on my app says that the RC is revision 1.2.6. Is that the latest? The P3 is 1.4.10. I know that one is correct, but can't figure out why it still requires the RC to be updated.

I just tried to update the newest firmware revision today. The P3 updated, but I can't get the RC to update, even with the USB reader with just the .bin file on it. The app says the the RC needs updated. The update on my app says that the RC is revision 1.2.6. Is that the latest? The P3 is 1.4.10. I know that one is correct, but can't figure out why it still requires the RC to be updated.
RC doesn't need update. Found out after reading release notes at 3 different ways to update RC (app, gimbal-RC via usb, thumb drive)
EDIT: Just read your post more in depth. You need to be 1.3.2 on RC to be current. Best method is thumb drive for what you need. Get the old firmare binary on DJI site, should be 8-4-15

Same issue here!! :(
Jamie the transmitter doesn't get updated this time around the bird is on 1.4.0 and the TX is on 1.3.2, works great.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Also, yes I can write to the card with movies or pics. When I put the card in with the update NothiNg happens it just reads it as a memory card.
Okay. Thanks for checking and confirming that the SD card reader on your P3 is working correctly. The next thing I suggest you do is format the card using the SD card reader on your P3 and the app. NOT on your computer as you have tried already. Do the format with your P3, remove the SD card and put it in your computer to add back the .bin file, then put the SD back in the P3 and try the update again. Let me know if that helps. Good luck!

Reactions: dblagic
try doing the update using the cable when I first got my phantom I tried and tried to no end to get it to update using the sd card wouldnt work not matter what I did used a sd card tried a thumb drive nothing would work used the cable and it worked first try, worth a shot

How do you update the bird using the cable, and not the SD card?

just plug the phantom in and update using the app
Can you be a little more specific? Maybe some steps?
I'm lost as to how you can use the app to do it, since the app is on the tablet, and the tablet plugs into the remote control.

Thanks.

Okay. Thanks for checking and confirming that the SD card reader on your P3 is working correctly. The next thing I suggest you do is format the card using the SD card reader on your P3 and the app. NOT on your computer as you have tried already. Do the format with your P3, remove the SD card and put it in your computer to add back the .bin file, then put the SD back in the P3 and try the update again. Let me know if that helps. Good luck!
having the same issue going to try this method and see if it works

having the same issue going to try this method and see if it works
Ok so it worked but I didn't go thru the whole method. When I powered up the drone connected to the controller it started updating. Good luck all about to test this out.

I've tried everything discussed here and have been trying to update for the last two days. It just won't update. Stays solid green and still works and is still on version 1.3.2 . I've updated twice with no issues prior to this, but now, the bird just doesn't seem to recognize it needs to update. I've formatted from the computer, from the Phantom 3, downloaded the zipped files to a completely erased and formatted card, downloaded the update directly from the PC. And, repeated these processes more times than I can count. I've tried a different card also. Definition of crazy is to continue to do the same thing and expect a different result, but I march on in my craziness I guess. Anybody else still stuck with the solid green light and not updating. I've lost track on this thread with who found success and who is still pulling their hair out like I am.

Jamie, did you unzip the bin file prior to copying it to the sd card?

This sounds obvious but I downloaded the wrong FW intially the one for P and not for A... Then it will just sit and blink red and yellow with nothing happening and no text file

I've tried everything discussed here and have been trying to update for the last two days. It just won't update. Stays solid green and still works and is still on version 1.3.2 . I've updated twice with no issues prior to this, but now, the bird just doesn't seem to recognize it needs to update. I've formatted from the computer, from the Phantom 3, downloaded the zipped files to a completely erased and formatted card, downloaded the update directly from the PC. And, repeated these processes more times than I can count. I've tried a different card also. Definition of crazy is to continue to do the same thing and expect a different result, but I march on in my craziness I guess. Anybody else still stuck with the solid green light and not updating. I've lost track on this thread with who found success and who is still pulling their hair out like I am.
It wouldn't update for me, I transferred my photo files to a different computer and when I fired up the drone connected to the controller with the intent to format it just started updating.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20