Won't upgrade

Jamie, I had the exact problem you did and here's what fixed it for me;
On your PC, format your sd card using quick format and leave the allocation unit size to whatever is displayed (do not change it to default allocation size).
Then copy just the bin file to the card using USB 2.0 ports on your PC. Insert to the P3 and power up.
Originally I had set the default allocation in quick format and copied with USB 3.0 ports and got the problem you described.
Others have had success formatting the card using the P3 and the Go App instead of a PC. Good luck!

It wouldn't update for me, I transferred my photo files to a different computer and when I fired up the drone connected to the controller with the intent to format it just started updating.
Thanks. I'm trying that now.
**** it, still won't update. Thanks for the help. Seems there's something wrong with my Phantom maybe. I don't know why that might be. Never crashed and it still flies fine on 1.3.2. It just won't update. Very frustrating.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Jamie, did you unzip the bin file prior to copying it to the sd card?

Jamie, did you unzip the bin file prior to copying it to the sd card?
HAAAA!!! Success! This worked. So psyched. You know what, the first time updating, this is what I did, unzipped to the computer, but then after looking a little closer at the directions, the directions seemed to be saying to unzip right to the card, so I undid the zip to the computer for my first update, and have unzipped directly to the card twice successfully. I can't believe this change in the process didn't occur to me, but also that it makes a difference for this update when it didn't for the first two. Wow, you're my hero man! Can't tell you how much time and frustration I've spent on this! Thank you.

Reactions: Fplvert
Here goes. Download new firmware,put it on are as before. Put it in phantom, 3 beeps, camera does it's thing but that's it. No more beeping and camera light is green. Took out card and put it in computer and no success or failure. What now. Have tried it at least 5 times and nothing

Do you have any problems update the firmware before this.

HAAAA!!! Success! This worked. So psyched. You know what, the first time updating, this is what I did, unzipped to the computer, but then after looking a little closer at the directions, the directions seemed to be saying to unzip right to the card, so I undid the zip to the computer for my first update, and have unzipped directly to the card twice successfully. I can't believe this change in the process didn't occur to me, but also that it makes a difference for this update when it didn't for the first two. Wow, you're my hero man! Can't tell you how much time and frustration I've spent on this! Thank you.
No sweat, my Friend, I've been confused by the updates as well. :eek:We're in this together. :)

RC doesn't need update. Found out after reading release notes at 3 different ways to update RC (app, gimbal-RC via usb, thumb drive)
EDIT: Just read your post more in depth. You need to be 1.3.2 on RC to be current. Best method is thumb drive for what you need. Get the old firmare binary on DJI site, should be 8-4-15

If the RC is GL300B, the thumb drive method won't work, you can only update from 1.2.6 to 1.3.20 using the GJI GO app.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20