Won't upgrade

Can someone answer my question above, please?
I seen somewhere it said skipping updates could effect future updates. Can't find the source again. I would give it a shot, you can go back to your current firmware if there are any issues, I think.

Yes to both, the TX was updated with the 1.1.9 file previously, and did accept a new update from the current firmware file by USB thumb drive.

The batteries have a small update too if you are in the same position as mine.
It only takes a couple of minutes and proceeds much the same.
You should see some unusual battery LED flashing.

Yes to both, the TX was updated with the 1.1.9 file previously, and did accept a new update from the current firmware file by USB thumb drive.

So basically...

Download new 1.4 firmware and update bird.

When that is done delete the .txt file which says success and put the sd card into usb adapter and put into the TX with only the .bin (1.4 firmware) on the usb

I found the last time it didn't seem to like my card reader but worked OK with the file on a normal USB memory stick I had.

4wd sorry to bombard you with questions, just my first time upgrading firmwares.

So I stick it into the USB slot of the TX not the micro usb?

Also I have 2 controllers, 1 with DBS.

Should I do both?

To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if updating the controller isn't essential anyway, but you might get confused at some point in the future if they aren't all kept the same.
You can try the sd in a card reader it might just be mine is a cheapy from ebay!
You can also connect it to the Phantom by cable and it will do it that way.

I found the last time it didn't seem to like my card reader but worked OK with the file on a normal USB memory stick I had.
Cool glad it work that way for you. 4 other people had to update starting with 1.3.2 firmware. Weird how it works for some and not for others. Happy safe flying gentlemen!!

299481a1w9czrf0r.gif

For the Guy's that Got the NEWBIE flying...
trophy.jpg

Like many other's have reported today, I too had problems.. First attempt, usual start up sound then a few da..da.da sounds then nothing for 30 minutes except flashing rear yellow lights with solid red front lights. Gimbal led was blinking red during this time.
Gave up and tried again (yes just the unzipped bin file on the root folder of the formatted SD card and no text files added showing success/failure).
This time same few beeps at the start then a solid green led on the gimbal almost immediately but no da..dada sounds at all for 30 mins.
Then thought about what would be different between this update and past (multiple) successful updates, and it was my new PC with USB 3.0 ports. All previous updates were loaded on the SD card using 2.0 ports and this one was done with 3.0 ports.
I went back to my old PC and used 2.0 ports to copy the bin file to the card and bingo it worked fine.
Maybe I got lucky the 3rd time but perhaps this will help others to try

do you have a different battery? i was having all sorts of issues and on my 5th try formatted sd extracted files to root as always. but this time i tried a different battery and it worked... give it a shot

My controller won't update . I tried doing it through the app like the instructions but I never get the option to download firmware package . Under the aircraft status it says no updated is needed
Release notes said RC did not need updated.

Yes it is off. It looks like the drone is not reading the card at all, weird no.
Since you said that you can still go outside and fly, are you getting that "no SD card installed" message? Can you record video when you fly? Basically just verifying that your P3 is recognizing and writing to the SD card other than during the FW upgrade process.

try doing the update using the cable when I first got my phantom I tried and tried to no end to get it to update using the sd card wouldnt work not matter what I did used a sd card tried a thumb drive nothing would work used the cable and it worked first try, worth a shot

I still can't update. Also tried a new memory card with only the bin file on it. All it does is start up just like it would do normally. Going to take pot luck and call DJI tomorrow and see what happens.

Also, yes I can write to the card with movies or pics. When I put the card in with the update NothiNg happens it just reads it as a memory card.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic