Won't upgrade

Here goes. Download new firmware,put it on are as before. Put it in phantom, 3 beeps, camera does it's thing but that's it. No more beeping and camera light is green. Took out card and put it in computer and no success or failure. What now. Have tried it at least 5 times and nothing

Is your transmitter OFF when you try to upgrade? It needs to be OFF.

Yes it is off. It looks like the drone is not reading the card at all, weird no.

Ok did the format I put the card in and the drone is making a funky noise flashing green light

Yes it is off. It looks like the drone is not reading the card at all, weird no.
Try a different sd card? I am using a Samsung I think. I formatted it in the drone. Not sure if this helps or if mine will even work.

My camera light is solid green after about 15 minutes but still making noise. Solid red lights in front, blinking yellow in back. Ok to shut off?

So the noise it is making kin dove sounds like a hard drive noise is that normal it's been doing it about 30 minutes

Same with me, update on bird went fine.. RC won't update. I guess per release notes not required.

D4T_PoM, post: 509897, member: 31802"]Do you need to update through firmwares if you want to update from 1.1.9?
ust use the latest firmware

Mine doesn't seem to update either. First try did 3 beeps as if it started update, but then a blinking red gimbal led for 30 mins. Turned it off and used a new formatted card with just the unzipped bin file on the root. Started it up and almost immediately got a solid green light for about 15 mins, then a blinking red led again. No noise during the update, just the solid reds at the front and blinking yellows at the back. Any thoughts?

No text file on either card also

Okay, I am now updating. The only thing I could think of was that I used a new PC for the file transfer to the card using a USB 3.0 port. Previously I used a 2.0 port and all updates were fine, so I went back to my old laptop and transferred the bin file to the card using USB 2.0 and it's now updating okay.
Maybe the file transfer was too fast using 3.0?

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj