Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I will be flying to Latvia (from the Netherlands) in about a month. I am flying with Wizzair (budget airline). I wanted to know if anyone has recent experience with taking drones on a Wizzair flight? I have a P3A. I called Wizzair twice, with 2 different answers. The first person told me that it would be no problem, the second told me that drones are completely forbidden on Wizzair flights. I will probably call again tomorrow and see what the third person says, but it'd be great to hear from someone with first hand experience with Wizzair.

Thanks!

Hi I have the same question. I had conversation today with Ryanair and they sey is no problem just the battery need to be under 160wh but I think wizzair limit is 100wh. But phantom 3 battery are 68wh so it should be ok

I spoke to Wizzair customer centre and they told me I'm not allowed to take drone with me even in checked in baggage

I still not sure can I take drone flying with Wizzair or not. I received about 4 different answers. Anyone can help me. Maybe some one already fly with them. Thanks

I just want through security for my way back. I had no issues whatsoever. I just made sure to stick to Wizzair's battery rules and no one even checked the baggage.

Do you packed your drone in hand baggage or check in baggage? Thanks

Latvija is a beautiful country! I hope you can bring the bird and get some great shots. Where are you headed?

Latvija is a beautiful country! I hope you can bring the bird and get some great shots. Where are you headed?
Just came back :) spent some time in Ladgala, camping and a few days in Sigulda and Riga. Definitely got some nice shots. I'll see how good they are soon, do some color grading and maybe post them here. The open space and the lack of people in the country side really were awesome for filming and also for me to practice a little longer distance flights.

I lived in Riga for a year and absolutely loved it. Sigulda is very nice too! I wish I had traveled a bit more in the country and the other Baltic countries, but I was pretty busy with work unfortunately.

Hi I have the same question. I had conversation today with Ryanair and they sey is no problem just the battery need to be under 160wh but I think wizzair limit is 100wh. But phantom 3 battery are 68wh so it should be ok
Hello!

Did you travel through Wizz Air ?
Was the Drone Allowed ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic