Will the Butterflies ever leave?

We will all come down one f@cking day. Some speed up the process, but who knows? they may be right. ;)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Yepper it's not will we go down it's when will we go down! We are human and what we fly is just a machine.

Reactions: Yiannis.B
Yepper it's not will we go down it's when will we go down! We are human and what we fly is just a machine.

We will eventually die, one day. That was the meaning. Enjoy flying, crashing, repairing, entropy rulez... ;)

P.S. Did a make a mistake? Trying to express myself in English, is rather difficult.

Yiannis.B. Your message came across real clear and your English is fine. I've certainly heard worse. I'm feeling brave today. I think I will take it for a longer flight today. But I will wait till it cools down a little bit anyway.

I have taken my P3P up for about 5-6 times now and taking it really slow. I mostly take it to an empty parking lot which is really cool. It has the painted lines for parking spaces which makes for a great visual as far as keeping it straight. I take it about 10 ft high, and go out about 100 ft and just do a square type pattern and bring it back. I will then just take it straight up to about 250 ft and hover, pan it 360 degrees and bring it straight down. I am doing all of this in P mode and have not attempted a "real flight" yet as I plan to do a lot of practicing in ATTI mode before my maiden voyage. I also want to practice the F mode for the Course Lock feature as well but havent had enough time to really play with it. Its really hot now in Texas so I keep the flights short.

But holy bat ***** Batman, I get butterflies every time I take it up. But in a good way. LOL. Do you experienced flyers still get em?
Wish I still did !! Have fun, donnie

Reactions: MX DAD
First time I flew over water my heart was pounding! Hey this is not relaxing! A month into it and it's a lot less stressful. Biggest help so far? Trusting my P4. When I go to a new place or further than I have before... sometimes losing sight as I switch between viewing the screen and keeping an eye on the P4... I just take a deep breath tell myself to trust the drone. This has made flying much more relaxing for me.

Hi guys. I had a brown trouser moment last week. I was testing a mod which slows down the speed of the yaw and the left / right flying and all was going good until I flew too far out and lost wifi connection. I thought it was returning home and tried to regain control by switching S1 up and down but had no luck. After 12 minutes I decided to give up and was packing what was left to pack in my case.....WAIT !!!! I can hear a drone. What happened was if the mod switches are not in the default position, and the drone loses connection and it will not respond to the RC. And there she was returning home to the start position because the "Low battery" return home system had kicked in and overrode everything. When it was close enough I switched on the RC and took full control, and disaster was averted.....but a lesson was learnt....If you go for distance with the mod switched on ...watch your distance. Regards Ian.

Nobody buys a phantom intending to keep it on the ground.
Just like nobody buys shoes they aren't going to wear. Walk. Run. Jump. Fly. Enjoy yourself.

The first time the bird goes out of sight (accidentally of course) has a bit of associated drama.

I recommend flying with a couple good friends, one to hold the iPad and a alert you if any thing happens and another just to be there for you. Don't be a show-off and act like you know what your doing, just fly and let them help you, it really helps gain confidence!

I am at my most relaxed when I am going home after (hopefully) a number of safe and successful flights! My P2 developing a motor/ESC fault in May has heightened my stress levels somewhat as that has confirmed that it will crash one day whatever you do!

With practice comes confidence and NO the butterflies will never go away, but sometimes, that can be a good thing as it can keep you "on your toes" !

I have taken my P3P up for about 5-6 times now and taking it really slow. I mostly take it to an empty parking lot which is really cool. It has the painted lines for parking spaces which makes for a great visual as far as keeping it straight. I take it about 10 ft high, and go out about 100 ft and just do a square type pattern and bring it back. I will then just take it straight up to about 250 ft and hover, pan it 360 degrees and bring it straight down. I am doing all of this in P mode and have not attempted a "real flight" yet as I plan to do a lot of practicing in ATTI mode before my maiden voyage. I also want to practice the F mode for the Course Lock feature as well but havent had enough time to really play with it. Its really hot now in Texas so I keep the flights short.

But holy bat ***** Batman, I get butterflies every time I take it up. But in a good way. LOL. Do you experienced flyers still get em?

Hello All, I have been flying for about 4 years and yes when flying around other people I still get that feeling, but not like I use to. I can remember the 1st flight I went about 100 feet up only because I didn't want to hit something and I knew being up that high with the Phantom 1 I couldn't put it in the trees like I did my Parrot AR, I was breathless thinking this was the best. But as the years went by started to get bored and started getting into the racing drones. I still love my Phantoms because now I can get just about any shots I want no matter where I am also put in ATT mode and get use to flying your ship back to you just in case something goes wrong. If your not crashing your not flying.

Well, I took it out yesterday and flew as previously suggested. I took it up about 150 ft high and did my "square box" flight and all went well. I lost sight of it after looking at the tablet a couple of times but I finally spotted it doing exactly what it should have been doing. I wanted to try the RTH and it worked flawlessly both times. I didnt measure it but the RTH put it extremely close to the take off spot.

I have got to get some LEDS so I can see this thing from a distance. Unless anyone else has a better suggestion? I know the LEDS will add weight and shorter flight times but it just may be worth it, dunno.

Hello fellow Texan I know hot...can't wait till fall. Some considerations caution any areas with cell towers, high voltage power lines and set your home point/compass not on concrete that has rebar in it.....away from metal objects basically. Fly safe and enjoy.

It's 3am. I'm sitting out back with a coffee going over my flight in my head.. The one I'm going to make in 3 hours time after a long drive. The same flight I've gone over in my head all night. Spent a lot of time yesterday doing preflight checks... But looking so forward to hopefully catching the sunrise over Oban (west coast Scotland). Naw... Never goes away, it's part of the buzz of flying these machines...[emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: MX DAD and jryser
I've been flying now since January.. 60-odd flights later, the buzz never leaves. It's why I do it.[emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I mostly fly over water all the time and yes, the butterflies are still there.

I would rather have the butterflies than get complacent!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.