Will not hold altitude

Just to be clear, nothing is touching the left stick?
It would show up on playback, try it, you see all your stick movements.

Rod

If you upload your flight log to @msinger 's viewer.
DJI Flight Log Viewer

You will to see what the Phantom thinks it's elevation is.

Here is an old one of mine.
DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Also...

I'm not sure yet if it is the Phantom or DJI-Go or Litchi, but if your recording video there will be a .srt on the SD-Card. Same name as the video file, with the right player, it shows your Barometer, Lat and Long during the flight.

Rod

Correct.. I sat the controller down and let it hover on down.. I'm literally 6' from it

When it loses altitude on a hover, if you go back up to 20’ or so, will it come back down by itself or stay there. Just wondering if it’s a one time thing or it’s determined to come back down each time.

Reactions: RodPad
This is going to sound completely rediculous but just had to ask. You don't suppose by some chance you are in ATTI, mode? That would explain the drift in hover, but not necessarily the gradual loss of altitude. Just something, I'd throw out to the wind here.

Actually, I do remember my P3A doing something similar and It was spooky.
I just never looked back into it.

Going back reading from the beginning, I think a flight log would tell a lot more, and of coarse FD posted before me, I was thinking about the satellite signals that would show up in the log. Why it would be rotating / drifting . :rolleyes:

Rod

10-4. I saw a post awhile back where the guy had the same issue. Tried hovering without his mobile device. No app. And it hovered just fine. He was not sure what the app had to do with it, but it worked. He re-installed GO and all was well.
Funny. I just got this thing at the first of the year. I downloaded the app and it worked fine.

Then there was a software update it said and I downloaded it. POOF the app and flight history were gone. Had to reinstall the app and really since then it’s had the stability issue.

I don’t really know squat about this thing but prior to the update I could actually watch the video on my cell phone after the flights and now I cannot.

If I reload it I will loose all my flight data but that’s not really a big deal.

Can’t get this app to work on my iPad.

This is going to sound completely rediculous but just had to ask. You don't suppose by some chance you are in ATTI, mode? That would explain the drift in hover, but not necessarily the gradual loss of altitude. Just something, I'd throw out to the wind here.
I have the switch full up. Now when I fly it, say around a point, it will all of a sudden go into atti mode but that’s not the case here in the examples I’m describing.

I’m trying to fly it to a specific location and film it but it starts to erratic movements and drops altitude.

When it loses altitude on a hover, if you go back up to 20’ or so, will it come back down by itself or stay there. Just wondering if it’s a one time thing or it’s determined to come back down each time.

It will slowly start to drop again. I keep thinking to myself I should video this then I look down and my phone is being used with the controller.

It will slowly, over 3 minutes of time, start to move rearward about 6-10’ and sink from 20’ down to 6’. I reach up and grab it as I turn it off and I’m no giant.

Moving it back up it will start the circular motion and work it’s way rearward and downward

I would do the IMU calibration again. Make sure you're not close to any electronics. Make sure the AC is dead level in all directions and perfectly still. When successful, then calibrate the compass away from all metals. Then fly. If it's still not right, you might need a new flight controller (master controller). Good luck.

Doesn't it calibrate the compass as part of the IMU calibration? The moving in circles sounds like a compass calibration issue.

Doesn't it calibrate the compass as part of the IMU calibration? The moving in circles sounds like a compass calibration issue.
No, compass calibration is a separate procedure.

I don’t really know squat about this thing but prior to the update I could actually watch the video on my cell phone after the flights and now I cannot.
There is a setting in the app for caching the video and image thumbnails. Check that.

In @LarBear360’s post #20 he mentioned a similar issue being posted before. The user reinstalled ‘Go’ and it solved the problem. @Rik18, since you no longer have videos being saved by the device/app maybe a GoApp reinstall would solve both issues.......wandering and recording. Just a thought.

You mentioned the issues started when you updated the app in your post #26, so maybe that’s the root of your problems? May need to download your flight logs as mentioned in previous posts to reference what the drone is doing BEFORE uninstalling the GoApp if that is your preference to review this data.

Funny. I just got this thing at the first of the year. I downloaded the app and it worked fine.

Then there was a software update it said and I downloaded it. POOF the app and flight history were gone. Had to reinstall the app and really since then it’s had the stability issue.

If I reload it I will loose all my flight data but that’s not really a big deal.

On your disappearing flight history, are you syncing to the Dji cloud?

Rod

Funny, you just now mentioned "Then there was a software update"

As stated another IMU update, outdoors, then a compass, I would do a remote (just cause).

Also post some flight logs if don't have old before the software / prop changes. Then a couple of new ones.

As I understand, when the Phantom goes in to Atti mode,
It is ether the Remote Control switch,
loss of satellites, or
conflict of data between the GPS and compass.

Rod

How do i post logs?

I sync with the cloud

Mine goes into atti mode all the time and has since the first flight

Funny, you just now mentioned "Then there was a software update"

As stated another IMU update, outdoors, then a compass, I would do a remote (just cause).

Also post some flight logs if don't have old before the software / prop changes. Then a couple of new ones.

As I understand, when the Phantom goes in to Atti mode,
It is ether the Remote Control switch,
loss of satellites, or
conflict of data between the GPS and compass.

Rod

How do i post logs?

I sync with the cloud

Mine goes into atti mode all the time and has since the first flight
There is instructions on the top link of My post# 22
Will not hold altitude

You have never stated what you are using for a Phone.
If it is iOS, you have to use iTunes.

Had you looked at ether of the two links?

Rod

Since he says it jumps into ATTI-mode all the time, I wonder if that is the cause of the altitude loss and wandering. I know mine (P3S) has a mind of its own in atti. It will do some crazy things.

Gotta see those flight logs to be sure.

Yep, to much talk, not enough data.

Rod

Reactions: captainmilehigh
Yep, to much talk, not enough data.

Rod
I’m on the road and don’t have the drone nor good access for internet speed at the moment. The data is on my phone? iPhone 6.

Sorry, a lot of this common knowledge isn’t so common.

When I get back in town and next to the drone I can try to download the data logs.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20