Will not hold altitude

Reaction score
My P3 Standard will not hold altitude. I use the app to launch it and it would originally hover at about 4' AGL.

I changed the blades to the DJI 9450 and it will start to sink to the ground if I do not interfere with the sink rate.

When I fly it around and want to hover at a spot it will start to sink as well as osculate around in a circular pattern as it sinks.

Are the new blades responsible for this behavior?

I have also added the propeller guards and this has not made any noticeable difference.

Confused...

Did you calibrate compass ? Is IMU calibrated ? Just a guess I’m fairly new to this. Good luck.

I've never heard of props causing this problem. Could you hover it at something like 20' and get back to us on how well it holds? Generally this is solved with an IMU calibration. Good luck.

Easiest way to find out is put your old props back on, assuming they aren't damaged. That will tell you one way or the other before you try and IMU calibration.

Reactions: JamesT1950
I ran the calibration.. Indoors as it was the only level place I could easily setup....

It still wanders in a circular pattern and it still sinks. At 20' it will up/down from 16' to 20' and start to creep rearward...

??????

From my experience with my Standard, I had a poor IMU calibration inside as well.

Took the bird outside to an open, level area (on a small plastic table) and did the IMU calibration there. Once completed I powered down the bird, r/c and app and restarted each normally. Since then, no issues. Don’t know if being outside had anything to do with the successful calibration, but it behaves itself now. Good luck!

From my experience with my Standard, I had a poor IMU calibration inside as well.

Took the bird outside to an open, level area (on a small plastic table) and did the IMU calibration there. Once completed I powered down the bird, r/c and app and restarted each normally. Since then, no issues. Don’t know if being outside had anything to do with the successful calibration, but it behaves itself now. Good luck!
I didn't try to power it down... I flew it off right after the calibration was complete...

Let me try this

Restarted it and it sinks.. Doesn't seem to osculate in as large of a circle but it sank down to about 5' from 20' and on the app it says it's 18' AGL so it apparently doesn't know it's sinking..

Reactions: RodPad
Restarted it and it sinks.. Doesn't seem to osculate in as large of a circle but it sank down to about 5' from 20' and on the app it says it's 18' AGL so it apparently doesn't know it's sinking..
Just to be clear, nothing is touching the left stick?

Suggest you do RodPad’s suggestion in post 14 and check the r/c calibration next. Mine might wander a bit due to occasional breezes or crosswinds, but it doesn’t ever drop altitude. Something is making it lose altitude somewhere.

Correct.. I sat the controller down and let it hover on down.. I'm literally 6' from it
10-4. I saw a post awhile back where the guy had the same issue. Tried hovering without his mobile device. No app. And it hovered just fine. He was not sure what the app had to do with it, but it worked. He re-installed GO and all was well.

Reactions: RodPad

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor