Will my phone work with the phantom 3 advanced ?

Reaction score
Hi I'm sure this has been asked before but I suck at searching for information apparently, I was wondering if you need to have the phone connected by a wire to the controller for the phantom 3 advanced, and if my phone is capable of working with the drone/remote I have a (ZTE Grand X Max 2). I want to make sure before I purchase a drone that everything will work together or at the very least if I would need to buy a new device and if the device needs to have internet connection to fly, I read it does not need internet connection but I figured while I make this post I might as well check to be on the safe side. With all that said I would like to thank anyone who helps answer my questions and I would like to apologize for my bad grammar.

Phone has to be attached with the cord if you want to see what the bird is seeing. You do not need the phone connected at all to fly. Not sure where but I know there is a list of compatible devices. Hope someone else will post it for you.. I also have the p3a

Phone has to be attached with the cord if you want to see what the bird is seeing. You do not need the phone connected at all to fly. Not sure where but I know there is a list of compatible devices. Hope someone else will post it for you.. I also have the p3a
well thanks for the information I definitely would like to see what the drone is seeing so I guess I will need to find out which devices work and if mine is one of them

Not sure where but I know there is a list of compatible devices.
I have a list of recommended and commonly used devices here.

FYI, just because a device is not on my list does not mean it's guaranteed not to work.

I have a list of recommended and commonly used devices here.

FYI, just because a device is not on my list does not mean it's guaranteed not to work.
Thank you for the link, Do you happen to know if a USB type C device works with the remote as far as I can tell it seems like only micro usb to usb but I figured I would ask.

You can only plug a USB cable into the Phantom remote controller. The other end of the cable could certainly be a USB type C if that's what your mobile device requires.

You can only plug a USB cable into the Phantom remote controller. The other end of the cable could certainly be a USB type C if that's what your mobile device requires.
Thank you I look forward to ordering my drone later this week and this information is very helpful I will test my phone and if it doesn't work I will look for a cheap tablet to use that runs smoothly

I would be wary of a cheap device. Cheap devices are cheap for a reason. Least of all they usually have batteries which do not last long.

I would be wary of a cheap device. Cheap devices are cheap for a reason. Least of all they usually have batteries which do not last long.
Yeah I meant cheap within reason I don't plan on going with a $80 device but I also don't have an extra $500 to spend after I buy the drone

I have gotten good results with refurbished devices. That is something you might look into.

Thank you for the link, Do you happen to know if a USB type C device works with the remote as far as I can tell it seems like only micro usb to usb but I figured I would ask.
My Nexus 5x has a USB-Type C socket and I simply bought an adaptor as shown here UK 2pcs USB 3.1 Type C Male Micro USB 2.0 Pin Female Data Adapter Converters New | eBay It works fine and most phone shops will stock them.

However, some people prefer to use a dedicated cable, which should also be easily available from most phone shops.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.