Will my computer edit 4K?! HELP

Reaction score
Hi!
I've just purchased an Asus X550V with the following:
i7, 1TB SSD + 1TB HDD, 16GB DDR4 Ram, GeForce GTX 950 graphics.
Can anyone tell me if this will handle 4K editing in a software such as Final Cut Pro?
Thanks!

I use Freemake and VideoPad video editor on a laptop with 4Gb RAM and no dedicated video card, it flogs itself to death doing it, but it works, so you'll be whizzing along..

Final Cut Pro is designed to run on Apple computers...you would need to use something like Adobe Premiere Pro for a Windows based machine.

Ok thanks for your answers. Does anyone know how the laptop will work on the 1TB SSD? Because it's an after market one which has been put into the computer, but the 1TB HDD still exists? I'm don't understand how the computer has both? Or how it uses them?

I use Freemake and VideoPad video editor on a laptop with 4Gb RAM and no dedicated video card, it flogs itself to death doing it, but it works, so you'll be whizzing along..
Just d.l. a serial cracked Sony Vegas.14 pro.Smokes NCH but I cut my teeth on videopad .

Ok thanks for your answers. Does anyone know how the laptop will work on the 1TB SSD? Because it's an after market one which has been put into the computer, but the 1TB HDD still exists? I'm don't understand how the computer has both? Or how it uses them?

The max the laptop can with was a 1TB HHD. if you bought it used I suspect someone removed this drive and installed a 1TB SSD. It would not have both internal drives.

I'm wondering the same thing if my computer will work
Will this computer be good enough to edit in 4K I can get a good deal on it if it any good

Thanks

Specifications:

Motherboard - ASUS Z97-A

CPU - i7-4790K

Power Supply - Corsair RM 850x

RAM - 16GB (2x 8GB) GSkill Trident X DDR3

Graphics Card - EVGA GTX 1060 6GB (Mini)

Case - Thermaltake Chaser Series

500GB SSD

Windows 10

Yes, this system should be adequate, I would add a second SSD drive for storage of raw video files and final renders.

To the OP, as noted Final Cut is Mac only, Adobe Premiere Pro CC would be the 'equivalent' on a windows box; I would add additional storage as you will need sufficient space to store raw video files and completed renders. Your system specs should be adequate for 4K editing. IMO you will eventually want to look at purchasing a good 4K display monitor for previewing renders and when performing color grading.

Reactions: dirkclod
I bought a gaming rig from a buddy of mine that's six years old!The Cooler Master case has six adjustable fans,one of which is the size of a box fan AND he water-cooled for reasons I don't comprehend.The case is huge plenty of room for airflow.12 gigs of ram,Intel i7cpu,[email protected] x8,2 graphics cards Radeon HD 6900 series each with 2 gb of ram that are ran crossfired together unless I use my smart TV for a second monitor. 1 120gb ssd only for running Sony Vegas Pro 14 which I've posted a link for the crack to a $700 editing program that I and many others have installed with no problems.Second drive is 500 gb ddr with a 3rd Seagate portable 2tb external hd.Its old but not down and out.The second reason for my long winded sermon is I don't film in 4k anymore.I do footage for a local outdoor show and I film at a strict 60fps,120 ss,and ISO at 100 so I can get geese,ducks,etc and slow motion it.4K has you set at 24 fps for a "cinematic" feel which is fine but at 1080,yes 1080 and 60fps,my file sizes are big enough without doubling their size even further.Even if you have a supercomputer it takes that much longer to render it,even longer to encode to YouTube. Once I put up a video in YouTube 4k and when I got up in the morning it was still uploading and I have 10 mbs dl speed.Only for a marginal difference in quality.The local cable provider who airs our show is just now going from 720 to 1080 broadcast so it wasn't worth changing the output format to render it lower.If primarily you just want to YouTube stuff,even their 4k isn't 4k because broadband isn't the same as broadcast,etc,etc.I know I'm gonna catch hell themfrom the "elders" but if I stuck 5 different people in front 5 different tvs at 1080,1080 internet,2.7k,4k,4k Internet none would be able to tell the difference UNLESS your 4k video was piped into directly a 4k TV instead of watching it on YouTube or a small town local access show.This is just my opinion amateurish as it is but be careful about a computer purchase based around the drone footage.Yea,you need speed,you need rendering and memory (I started off on a laptop and Videopad)but personally I paid for too much computer for my needs.If it comes down to a computer or another drone........One last note,my first drone was p3 advanced and I was much happier with that one than the professional I bought ONLY because the Mavic came out and they were cheaper than what I paid for the advance.Only an opinion from someone trying to help.If it's cheap enough jump on it!Sorry for the state of the Union address.
1494676737437.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic