It's not your computer that sucks, It's DJI and Premiere that do.

Reaction score
I've researched the issue since I'm having the choppy playback when I import my footage. A lot of people are saying its 4k, your computer is not powerful enough make proxies etc. etc.

My computer specs
I7-6700k
GTX 780 Ti
32gb of RAM
4 SSD drives.

I recently cut this video
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
This was all shot on a RED camera, 6k RAW footage, no proxies, I dropped in the timeline and it cut seamlessly, with graphics and PSD all over the place.The problem is not your computer, the problem is that DJI is using variable frame rate codec, which in my opinion is ********.

I called Adobe the other day and they said, sir we're sorry we don't support variable frame rates codecs that's what your drone is using. I told him they should because there is a huge drone community out there that needs support for this, should I switch to Final Cut? at which one point he said yes LOL, then he took it back.

He recommended not using proxies (which I don't like doing anyway since you're not seeing the full picture and cant determine correctly if things are in and out of focus) But using handbrake to transcode all the footage.

We need to reach out to DJI first to get it fixed, I don't know if this could be fixed with a firmware update or if we're screwed because of the way the camera was built.

And secondly to Adobe to support variable frame rates.

If they get enough emails Adobe will probably do something about it but DJI support has always been terrible to me and I honestly don't think they give a ****. It would be nice to start a company and give them some competition.

I never used premiere... I always use a MacPro with Final Cut Pro and not issues using proxies.

I never used premiere... I always use a MacPro with Final Cut Pro and not issues using proxies.
Hmm I have final cut x but I don't like it. Maybe it would be best to make a cut in it and then export to Premiere. This workflow is getting a little silly with handbrake.

Hmm I have final cut x but I don't like it. Maybe it would be best to make a cut in it and then export to Premiere. This workflow is getting a little silly with handbrake.
Handbrake is crap dude, use the apple compressor software after exporting the video in the Apple ProRes 422 format. I always do this method for YouTube and got 2K 60fps video. I do not have any 4K hardware that can play it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers