Will buying a new battery force a FW update

Reaction score
Just curious. I want to pick up another battery, and I remember a thread that said you could leave the .bin file on the micro SD card incase your battery ever needed the FW updated. I have a brand new P3P, and have not updated either the AC or RC. Both are working great, so I don't want to change a thing. If I buy a new battery, could it possibly need a FW update to function, and if it would, the only place to get it is from the micro SD card, which would cause a FW update of the AC. I just don't want to start down that rabbit hole. Too confusing.....

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
If you'd like to confirm the battery firmware matches the firmware your Phantom is running, put the last BIN you used (not the current BIN) in the root of your memory card and start your Phantom. If the battery firmware needs to be updated, it'll be done then.

If you'd like to confirm the battery firmware matches the firmware your Phantom is running, put the last BIN you used (not the current BIN) in the root of your memory card and start your Phantom. If the battery firmware needs to be updated, it'll be done then.
What if the battery is running a newer version than the Phantom itself?

Ok....bin file point me to where I down load it..move it to the P3s SD card...and insert it into the Drone for battery firm ware updating thank you as I have a brand new battery too.

bin file point me to where I down load it..move it to the P3s SD card
Since you have the P3S, you can update the battery firmware in DJI GO. You'll see a prompt to update it if needed.

"BPoland" ...... just go ahead and buy battery ... charge it up and go fly.

If it needs updating - it will tell you.

Nigel

Ok....bin file point me to where I down load it..move it to the P3s SD card...and insert it into the Drone for battery firm ware updating thank you as I have a brand new battery too.

As with "BPoland" ... just charge and fly.

Nigel

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31