Why isn't the P2V+ Wifi network password protected?

The amount of overhead on an encrypted Wi-Fi connection is huge. We are talking about a video & telemetry feed here...NOT control of the aircraft. I don't care if someone can intercept and watch the feed as its likely to wind up on Youtube anyway. I'll skip the encryption and take the range & throughput.

MikesTooLz said:
I don't think you guys get that it does not matter what frequency you are connecting on. If you are somehow able to issue commands directly to the drone or obtain direct access to the drone via SSH or some other method you could possible kill or lower the power output to both frequency antenna's giving no control or visual. RTH would then kick in.

I'll try and do some research/testing this weekend on my vision+ and let everyone know if I find anything.

No offense, but i think you are confusing two separate systems. The wifi that you connect to for FPV/camera settings/telemetry & the signal coming from the remote that controls the aircraft. The P2V (P2V+) will fly just fine without the range extender/camera/phone. Now there probably is technology out there that could effectively "jam" or take over the control signal going to the aircraft, but it certainly would involve a lot more than simply connecting to the Phantom camera via wifi.

dbcch said:
It should be encrypted. All WiFI traffic should. It doesn't even matter if the lack of encryption can lead to any kind of exploit or not. It's just good practice. Should be Standard Operating Procedure.

But isn't DJI making things easier at NSA?

Has somebody monitored Phantom WiFi traffic? Is it uncrypted?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic