WHY did my Phantom 2 fall out of the sky?

Reaction score
Background,
4th flight of the day, I charged the batteries to 3 bars after last flight.
I calibrated the compass before THIS flight. I had full GPS satellite lock before taking off.
I have IOC set to Go Home and land.

I had it Home Lock and I think the little dip it does is trying to perform Home Lock and then...
You can clearly see the one motor in the video not turning. But it sounds like THEY all stopped.
It was flying along nicely I did not have red battery warning LEDs flashing...it just fell out of the sky!

Reactions: David in oz
This video has been blocked from wherever you posted. Presumably You Tube. Without data files the video is basically useless anyway. Both would be helpful.

ya the video just shows it flying along normally then it just spins to the ground but you can see one motor definitely not spinning.
Can an ESC fry in mid flight?

How do you get the data files?

You don't as the P2 non -vision didn't have the capability to store flight data. Although there were third party companies that had those capabilities for a price.

Well I cracked it open this morning.. My own **** fault.
I bought this unit as a crashed one off CraigsList.
I replaced the ESC's. I cold soldered one of the wires and it popped off!

Mystery solved, my own **** fault! Lots of damage internally, one of the ESC's sockets on the main board sheared off....

So not sure if it's worth repairing.

I think I'll stay indoors, it seems to be raining quadcopters. He says as he just purchased a P3 at a ridiculously cheap price an hour ago.

Is your username inspired, possibly, by an underground comic character? If so, he's one of my faves.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj