Why are people returning the Phantoms 4's???

Well, I for one know all too well about problems with P4 . I've had mine for 16 days and still can't get it to fly. The drone won't connect with rc. worst of all DJI tells me I can't return it because it is past the 7 day return period.

Well, I for one know all too well about problems with P4 . I've had mine for 16 days and still can't get it to fly. The drone won't connect with rc. worst of all DJI tells me I can't return it because it is past the 7 day return period.

Is the firmware in sync with the radio, and aircraft?

Hey guys! What app are using on editing your video?

I used the default apple preview color tool for that one.

I have since figured out how to extract the frames from the video so I can print up to 35x21 inch prints from video if needed.

Have one for two weeks now and I'm very satisfied with it. It's really fun and worryless to fly with, would recommend to anyone who can afford it.

Had mine month, and works like a charm (3 P2's before). my only beef is getting extreme slow yaw turns for video shots like on my modified P2's, but just started using Lichie and it makes the smooth turns for me depending on setup. May add pot mod to controller after warranty is up.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I would have returned mine ... but with FIRST flight it never came back !
With my older model and newer model P3 Pro's I've never had a flight issue ... waiting for DJI to see if they can do better than their first offer for solution ... if not I'll have to sell off my P4 stuff at a loss and go from there.

My advise to P4 owners is too keep the AC a lot closer to you in distance and alt than you would have to with a P3 because at about 3200 feet out mine developed a mind of its own ... ignored my attempts as well as built in features like auto RTH once signal lost despite home point set. Not something seen much with the Phantom 3 but if you look at the Inspire one there have been similar issues like I had ... don't know why just sayen.

So bottom line for me now is to see what there are for offerings around next year when the Phantom 5 or 4.x OR come out our go in a different direction and either build my own or look at another OEM like Yuneec. Planning on starting business once I retire from military later this year so come next summer I need to keep my options open for the gear that I select to get started with :)

I bought my P4 at the Apple Store a little more than a month ago. I got it at the Apple Store in case I had any problems. They have a pretty generous return policy, so it was a little insurance on my part.

I've had no real problems. I had a brief challenge getting my new iPad Pro to connect, but got it working pretty quickly.

Most of the "problems" that I have are about me, not about the P4. I've got a lot to learn about shooting video and photographs on this kind of a platform. It's a very different way of getting video and pictures, which takes some knowledge. However, the craft itself has been rock solid. I've got four batteries now and I fly them to drained most weekends.

I also bought the DJI Care as another piece of insurance, but who knows if I'll ever need it. I'd buy it again in a second. Absolutely no buyer's remorse here.

My two cents.

I bought my P4 at the Apple Store a little more than a month ago. I got it at the Apple Store in case I had any problems. They have a pretty generous return policy, so it was a little insurance on my part.

I've had no real problems. I had a brief challenge getting my new iPad Pro to connect, but got it working pretty quickly.

Most of the "problems" that I have are about me, not about the P4. I've got a lot to learn about shooting video and photographs on this kind of a platform. It's a very different way of getting video and pictures, which takes some knowledge. However, the craft itself has been rock solid. I've got four batteries now and I fly them to drained most weekends.

I also bought the DJI Care as another piece of insurance, but who knows if I'll ever need it. I'd buy it again in a second. Absolutely no buyer's remorse here.

My two cents.

You should never use Lipo batteries past 20%. It damages the cells. I learned that with just a few days of research. Only fly your P4 or any Phantom (lipo battery) to 20%. Do not let it drop below 20%

I have to disagree with directordrew, I have 6 batteries with my p3p and I consistently land with 15% or less. I have had these for 11 months and each have around 70 charges. Their %life is now at %97. EVERY 20 charges I cycle to %8 or below.
%0 on the phantom3 battery is calibrated not to equal 0 voltage by DJI. All this hype about not letting Lipo batteries drop below a certain percentage is exactly that, HYPE. sure if the batteries were not intelligent batteries I would agree, but a lot of engineering and thought has gone into these batteries, and I am only talking about dji intelligent batteries and not all Lipo batteries.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

No issues with mine, one needs to take the negative feed back on forums with a "pinch of salt" yes it will drop a couple meters after flat out horizontal flight.......... but two weeks in and loving the new toy......
Sounds like you have one issue, but choose to sweep it under the rug. These craft shouldn't drop a couple meters after flat out horizontal flight. P3's never did that. Your symptom should not be "the norm", but my P4 does that too, and I accepted it as "normal for P4". I called it a "tick", which is an odd behavior, out of the norm.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik