who makes the most DURABLE Blade???

DJI

Blades are an important part of your Phantom. Don't skimp on them or use blades that were not specifically designed for the Phantom and/or tested as well.

Reactions: Axised
DJI

Blades are an important part of your Phantom. Don't skimp on them or use blades that were not specifically designed for the Phantom and/or tested as well.
I need some that wont snap so easy???? They are way to fragile! So are the blade guards!

I'm guess you're crashing into things? If so, try practicing in a wide open area that's free of all obstacles. Once you master that, you should do better when flying in other areas.

Reactions: BigAl07
OE DJI are the best bet. They're not fragile at all in normal use but, of course, they will break if abused/crashed/hit etc....

Carbon fiber blades are even more fragile.

DJI OEM.

My longevity record is on my P2 NV (so far).

3 years in May.

Consider they're never supppsosed to contact any foreign object. If yours do/have then you can't compare them to anything else.

Last edited:
Reactions: Numone
First of all, you should not crash that often, so you might want to rethink how you use the P3S. Having said that, and in consideration of the fact that you seem to crash quite often, the best option are definitely the "fragile" OEM propellers. Put something stronger, and the energy of the impact will transmit to the motor/arm, which is much more expensive to repair than a $3 OEM prop.

The blades are designed as a "failure point" to help protect other parts of the aircraft.

If you hit something and the blades are more "robust" you'll be transferring that same energy deeper into the aircraft. Instead of replacing blades you'll be replacing more expensive and harder to replace items. I'm speaking from experience unfortunately.

If you've crashed that often, I also suggest checking for stress cracks. They usually start within the screw holes forward of the motor screws.

It's like asking for an indestructible bumper for your car because you keep crashing it.

The thing is, you're not supposed to hit stuff or crash. If you keep crashing and killing your blades, you should practice more in open areas first before taking on more daunting flights.

If you do crash (which eventually happens, but shouldn't be quite THAT often), it's a given that blades are considered disposable. Even if it doesn't break after a hard hit, it may very well be out of balance or internally fractured to be safe or of much practical use in the future.

Reactions: Ranger 007
^ I agree.

I'm still on my 2nd (original spare) set after more than a year I've owned my drone. I would've still been on the 1st set if I hadn't crashed at a beach last summer.

I agree with everybody else. Carbon fiber are brittle. Stick with oem blades and learn not to fly into things. You're going to start seeing damage to the arms before long if it isn't there already.

It is a common thing to want stronger item whatever it is ... but that always comes at a price. If the item does not break - something else will suffer more.

Lets take a prop .... if a blade breaks on striking an object - that might just be enough to stop you burning out your motor when it stalls ... or the ESC in the Flight Controller.

The DJI Props are a good compromise of form and stiffness but allowing breakage in event of 'strikes'.

CF props may appear a better deal - but they can splinter, they can have cracks you don't known about ....

The RC world is full of incidents of props and CF do figure quite often in them !

Nigel

Reactions: BigAl07

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl