Which model should I go with?

Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

I am very excited that I came across this forum to use as a sounding board. I am looking for some feedback in regards to which model you guys prefer for the use of filming for the use in creating engaging video content for my clients. I don't neccesarily need the Vision+ since it appears the that standard P 2 Vision will handle what I need it to do but what I am curious to know from you is,
which P2 Vision do you prefer? The Vision with FPV cam integrated or the P2 with the Go Pro Gimbal?

I've read a couple different things out there siting pros and cons for both. It's really probably preference but I want to make sure I do my complete research before I pull the trigger. So what do you think? Integrated cam or Go Pro mount?

Your insight is greatly appreciated! Thank you.

The way I did it was by checking out the specs, matching to my needs and lurked here for 2 months. For me it was as what's in my forum sig. Its really a personal preference. Nearly everyone is happy at choosing a Phantom - its a good product IMO

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

IrishSights said:
The way I did it was by checking out the specs, matching to my needs and lurked here for 2 months. For me it was as what's in my forum sig. Its really a personal preference. Nearly everyone is happy at choosing a Phantom - its a good product IMO

Thank you for your reply! In your opinion, do you think the GoPro camera is a better cam than what comes in the integrated model?

Camera wise, I'd prefer the gopro simply because you can use it elsewhere.
I have the standard P2 with gimbal and goprop hero 3+ black.
As far as I can tell, the gopro has more features.

I think a good way of looking at it is this: do you want to take the product out of the box and basically right away be flying, taking video and even have FPV support all from the one package and you don't have to tinker/install/screw things etc? Go with the Vision. This is the easy route

If you want more flexibility, able to upgrade components but you'll have to dig a little deeper into learning the individual components, turn screws, maybe solder some cables and such? Then you get a P2/gimbal/gopro and build a FPV system. This is the more challenging route.

As a bonus with the second option you now have a GoPro which you can use for ANYTHING... as opposed to the camera on the P2Vision which you only use when you're flying your vision.

if money isn't your biggest deciding factor, many places like B&H Photo or other hobby shops will let you "cheat" your way to the gopro option by selling pre-built kits with a regular P2 on which they've already installed and configured all the gimbal, gopro, and fpv systems. So if you want the more flexible option, don't care to learn the nuances and are wealthy enough you can shortcut. I know B&H has options including a gopro black for around $2000 which honestly is about what you'd spend on all the components anyway

editorscott said:
Thank you for your reply! In your opinion, do you think the GoPro camera is a better cam than what comes in the integrated model?
Yes I think so but I'm a bit reluctant to say too much against the Vision camera as i have never had any hands on. And yes you can do more things with it if you can be bothered to go through undoing the clamp that holds it on the gimbel. Just lazy ol' me!

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl