which firmware combo's are you using?

Reaction score
Ive not flown my P3A for a month or so, now i see there are the latest updates for the rc ,the actual main firmware and the GO app itself. Reading through various posts i can see people are having a lot of negative feedback for the latest updates just would like to know what you guys think the best firmware is for each device as such?
Im currently using the following:
Main firmware: 1.4
Rc Firmware: 1.3.20
Go app:2.10

I just update as I go along, so I'm all latest. Flown quite a lot lately in some very dodgy weather and not had a single issue.

I just update as I go along, so I'm all latest. Flown quite a lot lately in some very dodgy weather and not had a single issue.
is there any new features on the GO app?

Not that I've noticed. If you're happy with it now and it'll run, I'd leave it as others have had various issues as you've noticed.
Anyway, have you stumped up for Litchi yet? All your problems would be solved![emoji3]

Not that I've noticed. If you're happy with it now and it'll run, I'd leave it as others have had various issues as you've noticed.
Anyway, have you stumped up for Litchi yet? All your problems would be solved![emoji3]
Ha Ha no still to tight...if i wasnt happy with the GO app i would give it a go but in all honesty i really like the app it does everything i need it to do so i dont see the point at the mo!!

Ha Ha no still to tight...if i wasnt happy with the GO app i would give it a go but in all honesty i really like the app it does everything i need it to do so i dont see the point at the mo!!
Fair enough! Just remember that once you've enjoyed the sublime luxury of planning a 4K waypoint mission with as many poi's as you like from the comfort of your kitchen table you will never go back!

Fair enough! Just remember that once you've enjoyed the sublime luxury of planning a 4K waypoint mission with as many poi's as you like from the comfort of your kitchen table you will never go back!
I dont use waypoints though POI is great but find go app deals with it perfectly. Thats why you guys probably love litchi so much because of the waypoints functionality

Yes that's true. I split my time between flying it myself, then doing a totally autonomous one if I fancy it.

I'm currently doing a video diary of a huge Oak Tree in our local park. Every two weeks I go down, set up the POI at 40m high, 40m radius and 4m/s speed. I do two full circumnavigations and then land.

I started in the summer - what I plan to do is to document the life of the tree as the seasons change and to edit all together smoothly. So far, it has been working well, but getting the POI in exactly the same place each fortnight can be tricky. However, initial footage merged together looks promising.

A previously flown POI or setting up a new POI to save as a waypoint mission would really help me!

Reactions: Wacker2611
I'm currently doing a video diary of a huge Oak Tree in our local park. Every two weeks I go down, set up the POI at 40m high, 40m radius and 4m/s speed. I do two full circumnavigations and then land.

I started in the summer - what I plan to do is to document the life of the tree as the seasons change and to edit all together smoothly. So far, it has been working well, but getting the POI in exactly the same place each fortnight can be tricky. However, initial footage merged together looks promising.

A previously flown POI or setting up a new POI to save as a waypoint mission would really help me!
Do you use Litchi already? I'm guessing not.....if I've understood your post correctly, that's exactly what you can do. Running the exact same mission at different times of the year is an ideal application. Same points of interest, same waypoints etc. A point of interest in Litchi is a different thing in Litchi compared to Go. In Go, the poi is simply an orbit, but POI's in Litchi can be set at various points along a waypoint route, and the gimbal and yaw will focus on them . Sorry if you already know this, but just in case.....

Do you use Litchi already? I'm guessing not.....if I've understood your post correctly, that's exactly what you can do. Running the exact same mission at different times of the year is an ideal application. Same points of interest, same waypoints etc. A point of interest in Litchi is a different thing in Litchi compared to Go. In Go, the poi is simply an orbit, but POI's in Litchi can be set at various points along a waypoint route, and the gimbal and yaw will focus on them . Sorry if you already know this, but just in case.....

No I don't use it as I'm on iOS. Buy my question was can a POI be saved as a waypoint - not set up initially? Can you see the difference? The Go POI flies a perfect circle, whereas my (albeit limited DJI app) waypoint experience would mean a whole lot of work to enable a smooth circle. But if a POI can be saved as a waypoint then that would be great!

As soon as it comes out in iOS, I'm in. I foresee a load of projects where a programmable waypoint would be useful. The local council are planning a remodel of our local park and I'd like to document that. Also an early morning flight around a local beech forest -all merged together over a year to show the changing seasons.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31