Which cloth is best to use for phantom camera lens

Reaction score
hey I have a few of these real thin and soft camera lens cloths and I have microfiber cloths. Should I stick with the thin camera lens cloths for cleaning or does it matter what I use? I have the vivid series polar pro lens' and want to make sure they are cleaned the correct way.

Thansk ya all

I clean mine with a Nikon lens pen. It has a brush on one end and a cleaning pad on the other end.

Yes. I linked it above.

I haven't tried microfiber cloths on my filters. I doubt it would hurt them.

Reactions: Dramface460
The pens are nice for cleaning corners but cloths work fine and I prefer them because I can cover the lenses with the cloths during storage. The beginning of the movie shows them.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

As a photographer, with very delicate and expensive lenses, I use both. You might want a squeeze blower as well to move the dust off and then clean the lens. Also some lens cleaning liquid might be handy if you get some stubborn dirt or grime on it from flying. I get mosqitos from time to time that have hit the lens. The combination I described above works well.

I just bought a camel hair lens pen and a microfiber cloth made by Nikon for delicate cameras. With this combo I hope to have all I need. For the solution, I'm using the iklear solution. It says safe for glass so should be good. Blower sounds like a good idea too

Buy you glasses from Visionworks, Lenscrafters or? Use the supplied microfiber cloth and solution in a handy spray pump :)

NoCo Drones

hey I have a few of these real thin and soft camera lens cloths and I have microfiber cloths. Should I stick with the thin camera lens cloths for cleaning or does it matter what I use? I have the vivid series polar pro lens' and want to make sure they are cleaned the correct way.

Thansk ya all
...Dram, Ideally you never touch a Lens, Blow it off with a Bulb, and if you Have To..use a Good Quality Lens Cleaning Cloth, Never Use it on a Dusty Lens, never Use It on a Dry Lens, at least Breath On it First, use a Circular Motion, Lightly.. every-time you touch a lens regardless of how careful you are, you scratch it.. its just the nature of the beast.. consider the removable lens as sacrificial...
IIIDaemon
www.GasRecovery.net
...EDIT '..every-time you touch a lens regardless of how careful you are, you scratch it..' the term Scratch may be a lil harsh.. a better word would have been 'Degrade'...

Last edited:
Hey so Yea I just picked up a camera lens cloth for use for my filters when needed. I also bought some lens tissues for the camera lens and picked up a blower. Sucks bc I have been flyin my p4 for a couple months now and I haven't been doing this. I only have a few superficial scratches on one of my ND filters so that's not bad but small scratch is not noticeable from any images or videos so that's good. But as far as the camera lens goes I'll only use a blower on it and camera lens tissues if need be. Gotta be careful with these lenses. Good thing I'm getting a completely new camera from DJI for the repair they just did on it
For free for a titled horizon issue So I can now start over make sure I clean it the best way preesh the input @IIIDaemon & @FlashBuddy

Last edited:
Hey so Yea I just picked up a camera lens cloth for use for my filters when needed. I also bought some lens tissues for the camera lens and picked up a blower. Sucks bc I have been flyin my p4 for a couple months now and I haven't been doing this. I only have a few superficial scratches on one of my ND filters so that's not bad but small scratch is not noticeable from any images or videos so that's good. But as far as the camera lens goes I'll only use a blower on it and camera lens tissues if need be. Gotta be careful with these lenses. Good thing I'm getting a completely new camera from DJI for the repair they just did on it
For free for a titled horizon issue So I can now start over make sure I clean it the best way preesh the input @IIIDaemon & @FlashBuddy
...Dram, trash the tissues, get a lens cloth... an old cotton t-shirt is better than the tissues, but, to each 'is own...
IIIDaemon
www.GasRecovery.net

Reactions: FlashBuddy

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic