When voltage goes yellow..

Reaction score
What does that mean?
I know it means to go easy on the sticks, BUT Does that mean that if i keep pushing that voltage remains yellow i am in no danger? For examle i have not much battery left and i need to make it back. RtH is slow, manual return is enough to get back home but makes voltage go yellow.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Digdat0
If you fly at max speed in sport mode, it drains battery much more, so you would see it gets to yellow.

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk

The risk is that your AC may go into auto-land or worse if you get a voltage lag. Being aggressive with the sticks may cause a voltage lag. So don't be aggressive with the sticks.

Reactions: Digdat0
What does that mean?
I know it means to go easy on the sticks, BUT Does that mean that if i keep pushing that voltage remains yellow i am in no danger? For examle i have not much battery left and i need to make it back. RtH is slow, manual return is enough to get back home but makes voltage go yellow.

It means the battery voltage is getting closer to the point of being drained. When you see the red color you need to think about landing. The aircraft is suppose to land where it is at if it near the lowest limit. However, it is possible that the aircraft might shut off and drop out of the sky at that point. What software you have would determine if that would take place in most cases.

If it's a health battery back off on your stick inputs and bring her home gently. You can still fly even in the red zone until autoland kicks in. If one ore. It's cells in the pack have an issue you may quickly reach critical low voltage and at that point it's lights out.

What is your remaining % when hitting yellow warning?

What does that mean?

If you have "Smart RTH" enabled in the settings, RTH will only go 22mph. But, if you disable it .. it will fly back at up to 36mph if RTH kicks in, but you have to throttle past the 22mph mark though (keep holding forward). The risk of this though, is that the app will no longer alert you if you go past the distance where you can no longer return on the battery.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
If it's a health battery back off on your stick inputs and bring her home gently. You can still fly even in the red zone until autoland kicks in. If one ore. It's cells in the pack have an issue you may quickly reach critical low voltage and at that point it's lights out.

What is your remaining % when hitting yellow warning?

It would be better to ask "What is your remaining % when hitting yellow warning, while at Full Throttle?"

Basically the light itself and the colors represent usable voltage percentage. It has little to do with remaining overall volts capacity. The battery display could be at 80% remaining and with a bad cell the color be cherry red and usable voltage be 0%.

Reactions: t2adze
It would be better to ask "What is your remaining % when hitting yellow warning, while at Full Throttle?"

Basically the light itself and the colors represent usable voltage percentage. It has little to do with remaining overall volts capacity. The battery display could be at 80% remaining and with a bad cell the color be cherry red and usable voltage be 0%.
Agreed....

And there are other factors also. It's currently 3deg C in the OP's location as I type this.

A good pack, flown at or above 20c ambient might, as would be expected, show this behaviour if close to depletion. A good strong battery above 50% SOC you should be able to lie down on the sticks.

@t2adze please consider uploading the flight log from the subject flight to healthy drones so we can get a better feel for what is going on.

Agreed....

And there are other factors also. It's currently 3deg C in the OP's location as I type this.

A good pack, flown at or above 20c ambient might, as would be expected, show this behaviour if close to depletion. A good strong battery above 50% SOC you should be able to lie down on the sticks.

@t2adze please consider uploading the flight log from the subject flight to healthy drones so we can get a better feel for what is going on.
How do i upload a log? Is it free on healthy drones? I dont remember what was the remaining battery :( ill need a log

So the overall answer is that even if battery is healthy, not to push sticks when the voltage goes yellow?

How do i upload a log? Is it free on healthy drones? I dont remember what was the remaining battery :( ill need a log

So the overall answer is that even if battery is healthy, not to push sticks when the voltage goes yellow?

1) sync your flight logs to DJI's servers
2) goto healthydrones.com and create account
3) download this app HD Sync - Android Apps on Google Play
4) get your token and sync
5) goto healthydrones and share the link here

You can also grab the txt flight log from your tablet, post here and someone can do this for you :)

t2adze, it would be helpful if you'd upload your TXT flight log here. Healthy Drones leaves too much to the imagination.

I hit yellow yesterday at 50%. I didn't make note of the voltage. I was just flying an easy flight mostly close by just to fly a bit. I brought back in when it did that and landed at 49%. Other than just the color, I didn't feel any sense of urgency. Maybe the battery needs a deep cycle. I'll check it.

My question is, in your experiences what's the voltage typically at when half way depleted and when do you consider it to be low enough to start bringing it in closer? I've yet to memorize the voltage time line because the percentage is usually enough for me and I never push it much.

Looking at this, the voltage for each cell dropped over time, which is normal. Once it drops below 3.55 (i think) it turns yellow, and below 3.50, it turns red, or sometimes shuts off (from some reports I've read).

There's a setting that allows you to see the voltage on the main screen to keep an eye on it. To be safe, once it drops below 3.6, just take it easy...no full throttle movements. In fact, just letting it hover for a few seconds will cause the voltage to go back to green levels.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I have that setting enabled. I just want to know if i can push sticks still when its yellow in case of emergency?

Msinger, redhotpoker
Did you guys had a chance to check the log?

Did you guys had a chance to check the log?
There is nothing noteworthy in it.

As for the battery level, the colors are showing you when the voltage is getting low. Check out this thread for more details on how much the battery can be pushed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues