What's the issue with P4 batteries?

I can't believe people are recommending puncturing holes in Lithium batteries that are swollen! You are playing with fire... New batteries are not that cost prohibitive to make me chance playing around with swollen batteries like that...

I've read several of the post above and what I don't here is how each person was flying? were you taking the battery below 20% or allowing it to reach above 130 degrees F? taking these type of batteries beyond it normal operating parameters will lead to shorter life span and swelling. If you use "Airdata" you would be able to see the temperature of your batteries during the flight. Now don't just think this is a Phantom 4 issue as the batteries for the Mavic Pro, 2 Pro were famous for swelling and some popping out from the clips. I still have over 15-20 batteries for my Phantoms (I do mapping), so I have seen both good and bad results over the years, and one consistence item is heat, either from ambient temps or the internal heat generated by the drone itself can lead to shorter life span of any battery. The one thing I love about my M30T is how the batteries hardly get above 100 degrees, compared to the average of 120-140 for the Phantoms.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic