What's the best tablet for a Phantom 3?

Thank you for the suggestions.
I am still in the crawling stage. I am stunned by how well this thing flies.
I want to know those controls like my limbs
Welcome to the forum!

Thank you for the suggestions.
I am still in the crawling stage. I am stunned by how well this thing flies.
I want to know those controls like my limbs
Search Shades on the Forum Search and there will be a ton of recommendations on various hoods and shades for your device.

Anyone know when Nvidia Shield 2 is supposed to release?
I guess you've seen that the NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet K1 (Newest Version) is out now at least on Amazon but only a few reviews so far. If anyone here has tried it on the P3 please post your experiences.

I've been using my Samsung Note 4 and having a heck of a time seeing it. I did make a deeper hood using a thin sheet of black plastic and 2" Velcro and that helped a lot (plus backing up under a tree). But I've been shopping for a tablet and the new Shield is only $199 and may be the answer I've been looking for other than buying the high priced fruit tablet. The few reviews I read said it was pretty much the same as the older Shield, with some minor upgrades, and a $100 lower price.

I guess you've seen that the NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet K1 (Newest Version) is out now at least on Amazon but only a few reviews so far. If anyone here has tried it on the P3 please post your experiences.

I've been using my Samsung Note 4 and having a heck of a time seeing it. I did make a deeper hood using a thin sheet of black plastic and 2" Velcro and that helped a lot (plus backing up under a tree). But I've been shopping for a tablet and the new Shield is only $199 and may be the answer I've been looking for other than buying the high priced fruit tablet. The few reviews I read said it was pretty much the same as the older Shield, with some minor upgrades, and a $100 lower price.
The "newest version" Shield tablet is exactly the same as the old version, minus the stylus. I own the old version and it's almost perfect for flying (aside from the screen glare, which every device suffers from).

@Albert D That fits well in the holder? I've been contemplating getting one.
Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 is about the biggest tablet that will fit into the P3P controller - leaves 2-3 clicks to lock it down. It is a little top heavy but not uncomfortably so. I used a 10" tablet with an extender for a short time and the bracket assembly seemed plenty strong, but to improve stability even more, I also replaced the plastic bottom bracket for device holder with an aluminum tablet holder bracket i found on ebay (I think this is the original manufacturer: TACO-RC Aluminium Tablet holder bracket for DJI Phantom 3 Ipad Free Shipping)

Reactions: phantom13flyer
The "newest version" Shield tablet is exactly the same as the old version, minus the stylus. I own the old version and it's almost perfect for flying (aside from the screen glare, which every device suffers from).
So no visible lag, frame dropping, or blackouts?

I decided to try the new Shield from Amazon as the price is my economic range but as soon as I decided after reading threads about tablets in this and other forums Amazon says they ran out and the new supply will be in on 2 December. So they are selling fast, Christmas presents I presume.

Trying to fly FPV with my Note 4 is nerve wracking. Although the picture is great and it works well with both the GO and Litchi app it's just to darn hard to see with my old eyes. I also picked up the HD HeadPlay Goggles a couple of weeks ago but I don't like it that much. Maybe I could get used to it and maybe not but it doesn't fit with my glasses on and in order to see the data at the bottom of the screen I have to move it down on my nose and then it's uncomfortable. I didn't try the extra lens they included yet which may work better for me.

Samsung Tab S2 32GB WiFi. Works super. Ran out of the box great with no tweaking. After some minor tuning. It is stellar. No lag or video degradation at all even at greater transfer settings. The screen is better than any I have seen or used (right now). The screen is flyable even in direct sun, but makes you work a little. Any shade at all, even mild blockage and the screen comes to life. It fits the holder snug. Works fine without extra holder stabilization, but for future safety and better piece of mind I will check out the Taco-rc site mentioned earlier for the stabilization upgrade.

Works fine without extra holder stabilization, but for future safety and better piece of mind I will check out the Taco-rc site mentioned earlier for the stabilization upgrade.
Definitely works better with aluminium device holder. I have installed that Taco RC one and my 9.7" S2 is more stable now without wobble.

Tab S2 9.7 does great in Florida sunshine. I have a sunscreen but rarely use it. The only time glare is an issue is when bright sun is shining directly on the screen, but I understand nothing works for that scenario. If there is no shade around, usually I can just turn some and my body makes all the shade I need.

Albert D does the tab s2 have the built in gps like a cellular ipad air would have?, so that we don't have to preload the maps of where you are flying?

Albert D does the tab s2 have the built in gps like a cellular ipad air would have?, so that we don't have to preload the maps of where you are flying?
you're confusing GPS w/ data connection. All Android devices have built in GPS. You're referring to a device that has a cellular data connection as well. If you want that, you'll need to buy an S2 w/ a data plan. Otherwise just cache the maps on a wifi connection at home or wherever.

Ohh ok, but you can update the maps with an iPad air 2 or a ipad mini 2 per say without having to have a data plan as long as you have the cellular version of such, I was thinking you could do the same with the galaxy tab 2s

Ohh ok, but you can update the maps with an iPad air 2 or a ipad mini 2 per say without having to have a data plan as long as you have the cellular version of such, I was thinking you could do the same with the galaxy tab 2s
I think you're still confused. The only way to get GPS in an iDevice is to buy one with a cell chip in it. Any map updating without caching first would have to be done w/ a data connection... there's no other way to download the tiles. IOW, neither device will load the maps in the field w/o some kind of data connection, period.

I think you're still confused. The only way to get GPS in an iDevice is to buy one with a cell chip in it. Any map updating without caching first would have to be done w/ a data connection... there's no other way to download the tiles. IOW, neither device will load the maps in the field w/o some kind of data connection, period.
Ok understood that

Reactions: bbfpv

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart