What's the best tablet for a Phantom 3?

GPS tells your device where it is (S2 has this). Maps come down from the internet. If you don't pre-load them, you need a data connection in the field. I have an LTE (cellular) Tab S2, so I don't need to worry about the connection. You can also create a connection by making your phone (or other cellular device) a mobile wifi hot spot, the log into that hot spot over wifi.

Samsung tab s2 9.7 32 gb lte. Fantastic!
Hello, I just got this tablet and the latency (video lag) it pretty bad almost 1/2 second (probably like .3 or .4 seconds). Does yours do this as well? If not how did you cure this? Any tips/tricks on this tablet you can help with?

Mine is AT&T LTE version. Pretty much right out of the box and no issues like that. I see minor video pixelation at ranges over a mile. I do use a Windsurfer parabolic antenna signal booster, but that is my only mod. All software, programs and firmware are at latest versions, I installed a few additional programs and replaced my dji usb cable with a shorter one.

Mine is AT&T LTE version. Pretty much right out of the box and no issues like that. I see minor video pixelation at ranges over a mile. I do use a Windsurfer parabolic antenna signal booster, but that is my only mod. All software, programs and firmware are at latest versions, I installed a few additional programs and replaced my dji usb cable with a shorter one.

Albert, not to harp again on the same question.... but to be clear you have no significant video lag? This tablet is awesome, clear, bright and big.... I really want to resolve this issue! :)

I am planning to buy IPad mini 4. Is this ipad works on Phantom 3 pro. Do i need to get cellular data for GPS?

Thanks

Hey guys, newbie here... Just got my P3P last week and got a used ipad mini2 wifi/cellular to run it. I haven't flown yet, but in the house, the video on this tablet looks horrible. Laggy,very pixelated, color washed out to almost black and white.

Don't know if I got a bad tablet or what but I don't see how you could fly with this. The feed on both my android devises looks great but neither are on the approved list, which is why I god the ipad. I have 7 days to decide whether to keep the ipad or send it back. Anyone using one of these tablets that can help? thanks

Hey Jimmy3d - talk to cutepeta82 - he's been using the mini 2 and says it's okay. I had the mini 1 and had lots of lag so invested in a mini4. Good luck to ya!

100% hands-down would go with the iPad Mini. Small, powerful, and works perfectly out of the box. That said, it's not too difficult to setup with most Android tablets, either, and you can save some money that way. It ultimately depends on how much you're looking to spend.

Ok, here's some more of the story...the mini 2 came to me used, with a small clear bead wedged down in the lightning socket. I've never owned an Apple product before so I didnt know that the bead wasn't part of the socket architecture. So I kept inserting the plug every which way so it would charge and I'd know if the tablet worked.

There's a lot of little contacts in that socket and I'm afraid the bead could have buggered them up. It charges normally but the RC cable connects the two components and compression on the bead could have shorted them possibly. So everything seems fine on the tablet except the video feed. Oh and I was only getting 10 sats instead of 15 for the android.

I guess what I'm trying to find out is, if normally on a ipad 2 mini with wifi/cell, is the video feed as good as it is on the androids. And also, I was provided with a cheap after market lightening charger cable. I noticed the Apple ones are more like 20 bucks, could that be the problem? I have another real short one coming in tomorrow.

I'd also like to say that i flew for the first time todayand it was an amazing experience!!

On amazon.com, I always buy my wife "apple certified" lightning cables that seem just as good but a lot cheaper than apple brand. (Personally, I prefer Android but my wife and daughter like Apple - a house divided :) )

Wow, just received my Nvidia shield K1 tablet today amazing cost me £150
I'm a bit of a device geek I already have a iPad Air 2, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus and Elephone p8000 this is probably the best £150 android tablet you can get for your phantom 3.

Wow, just received my Nvidia shield K1 tablet today amazing cost me £150
I'm a bit of a device geek I already have a iPad Air 2, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus and Elephone p8000 this is probably the best £150 android tablet you can get for your phantom 3.
Oh, yeah. If you go the Android route, Shields are pretty awesome :)

Maybe. Never had a Shield, but I love my TAB S2 9.7 LTE (AT&T).
Ah yea, Galaxy Tabs are also very good. I'm an iPad person. I was considering a Shield awhile back for streaming, since that's one of the big benefits.

Do the specs on this Galaxy Tab A model look good for the P3P? On "sale" at Costco for $170.
Is GPS on the tablet needed for any functionality in any of the apps?
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1451000383.213971.jpg

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1451000421.115693.jpg

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1451000434.299404.jpg

What I don't like about TAB A is the 1.2 GHz Quad-core. Some people have reported TAB A as working, but other have found it weak. I like (and advocate) TAB S2 because it is Octa-core, thus much more powerful.

I use an iPad Pro with a Ready Action Pro chest harness. The controller and the smart device don't need to, and in my opinion shouldn't be one device. Just hold the controller in your hands.

Reactions: Tony Cowan

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl