What's the best tablet for a Phantom 3?

I use an iPad Pro with a Ready Action Pro chest harness. The controller and the smart device don't need to, and in my opinion shouldn't be one device. Just hold the controller in your hands.

Have any pics of your setup? I've been trying to use my pro with a tablet adapter but I'm having a hard time trusting it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

My bracket screws down in the back and it is rock solid with my 9.7 Tab S2 on there. I just really like the look of how that bigger back foot would distribute the loads even better. I used an adapter for my 10.1 Tab 4 and it was shaken before the metal bracket, then solid after.

Oh, and I like your kitty cat, too. :)

Attachments

• 1454124710179.jpg
    1454124710179.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 393
i Pad air works a treat. Very smooth, but I am an Apple as opposed to Android kinda Guy.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Well pleased with the iPad mini 4 as a screen, playback and quick edit of vids.

I just bought an Asus Zenpad S 8.0 and noticed after purchase that it only has 2.4GHz WiFi. Will the video display quality on tablet during flight be less quality because of the slow wifi on the Zenpad ? Or does the video signal come via USB cable?

Any other performance / operational issues I should be concerned about it not supporting 5GHz band?

Just to clarify the documentation I'm reading says it supports WLAN802.11 b/g/n. Is this adequate for the Phantom 3 Pro?

Last edited:
I upgraded from a mini 2 to a mini 4. Love it! Apple was good enough to let me return my mini 2 long after the usual 14 day period. The mini 2 got very hot when flying, I think the A7 processor was having a hard time as compared with the A8 in the mini 4. The screen seems much brighter also on the mini 4. That after market bracket makes a huge difference.

I just bought an Asus Zenpad S 8.0 and noticed after purchase that it only has 2.4GHz WiFi. Will the video display quality on tablet during flight be less quality because of the slow wifi on the Zenpad ? Or does the video signal come via USB cable?

Any other performance / operational issues I should be concerned about it not supporting 5GHz band?

Just to clarify the documentation I'm reading says it supports WLAN802.11 b/g/n. Is this adequate for the Phantom 3 Pro?

usb direct to tablet from rc

5 ghz matters not

Reactions: Richard Gozinya
I upgraded from a mini 2 to a mini 4. Love it! Apple was good enough to let me return my mini 2 long after the usual 14 day period. The mini 2 got very hot when flying, I think the A7 processor was having a hard time as compared with the A8 in the mini 4. The screen seems much brighter also on the mini 4. That after market bracket makes a huge difference.
It doesn't use WiFi, you can even turn it off. The video comes from the controller via the USB. More important is the processor and video chip

It doesn't use WiFi, you can even turn it off. The video comes from the controller via the USB. More important is the processor and video chip. I use an Nvidia Shield K-1 ($200), fantastic video like it was made for the Phantoms.

On some android tablets you can disable the CPU graphics "power saving" choke, this is power management bloatware that reduces CPU power to save battery life, reduces frame rate and graphics rendering to save battery life, basically, handicaps the tablet .
By going to about tab in your master setting menu press software version
Now you should get kernel version and build number.
Press build number 7 times.
This puts the tab in developer mode.
Now on the main settings menu you will see developer options.
Scroll down and enable Force GPU rendering.
Re-start the device and you should see the graphics are now "jailbroken" the CPU is allowed to use its full processor power to render graphics and frame rates .
This can solve many lag and stuttering graphics issues, obviously at battery life cost.

Last edited:
Reactions: henick
I've been very happy with my Samsung Tab4. Same size as the iPad mini. The controller mount even holds the Tab4 while still in the Otterbox case. Is it "the best"? Without owning and trying 15 different models I couldn't tell ya. But I can say I'm not looking to replace it. And it was free when I bought a new phone at AT&T, so that's always nice.

Reactions: henick
Using NVidia 7 K-1 and is an outstanding performer. Glare is a problem - but Amazon sells a mat screen protector that should solve that problem.;)

I'm a noob to all this. Except for technical IT which I'm pretty savvy. I guess what I like to know from the general users, is how good is to fly the P3 Advance with iPad 2 mini w/ wifi only tethering with iPhone 6s?

I just ordered my P3 Advance. Thanks to let me know what I'm in for :)

Thanks,

I'm a noob to all this. Except for technical IT which I'm pretty savvy. I guess what I like to know from the general users, is how good is to fly the P3 Advance with iPad 2 mini w/ wifi only tethering with iPhone 6s?

I just ordered my P3 Advance. Thanks to let me know what I'm in for :)

Thanks,

I'm interested in an answer also, having just ordered an iPad mini 2 to replace my 6s plus as a monitor.

As in my previous post, I am using an iPad 2 mini with wi-fi only....no cellular. All works well with my P3S. I have also found that if my cell phone is in my pocket, or nearby, the drone has small issues in control. Once the phone is relocated or turned off all is normal again. May be a wi-fi interference issue when the phone is on and so close to the R/C. Just a guess.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl