First off.....unless your electronically and technical inclined....you should have not attempted the upgrades..downgrades and mess with any thing....you should have sent it back for repairs or asked for a exchange IF it was brand new...when a drone has to be worked on after a non technical inclined person has fiddled with it......To get it fixed takes twice or three times the labor !

And.....Doug...you took the words right out of my mouth......i came to Dji from a $54.00 drone....I too have a P3 SE and Right the 4K video cameras awesome.
its a long ways from being called a few bad words too....its called a " Dji P 3 SE " ! and for what i use and fly my P 3 SE for...... i Love it !

Here in the States..My "Papa Three SE".... cost me $100.00 more then the bottom of the line up of Phantoms !
The OP that started this thread..where is he.....too bad not many put where they are as what country or what Island ect.
I'm in Canada, Ottawa to be precise. Also are you talking to me about sending it in? I have a ton of experience fixing P3s and P4s for friends, but when I got the PSE and started having problems with the gimbal assembly I realized the gimbal assemble is complete different than all the other models, hence the call for help from me on here.

Well hope that you get much needed HELP here and can dig in and get er back to being Very Normal........your right Russian Drone...its different ! "Good Luck on this endeavor "

Well hope that you get much needed HELP here and can dig in and get er back to being Very Normal........your right Russian Drone...its different ! "Good Luck on this endeavor "

Thanks, I think I am slowly narrowing down the problem being not with the SD card or camera sensor board but the board behind it, the encoding board that compresses the video before saving it to the card. The same board is what compresses and sends the image to your phone so you can see your camera while you fly. I think there might be a power leak somewhere or a bad ground that isn't giving the Ambarella encoding chip enough juice to run at higher resolutions. A very generous guy on a DJI Reverse Engineering forum gave me lots of insight into how this stuff works, so with his help hopefully I'll start making some progress:

"
If your device can handle some badwidth, but stops wortking on full load, then either:
- Ambarella chip itself is damaged (unlikely)
- One of the wires between sd-card and Ambarella is slightly damaged (its impedance is affected enough to not be able to continuously transfer high frequency data)
- Your SD-card is not liked by Ambarella (seriously, for some reasons Ph3 Std is very picky in regard to sd-cards)
- Power supply for Ambarella is not good enough to withstand high load from the chip (this seem most likely to me).

If you have a proper equipment to test that, I'd verify if there's voltage drop on Ambarella power lines just before the issue."

obraz.png

Russian "Man Keep Onnnnnnnnnn Keeping ON"...i have never seen a chip system diagram like that ever here..Happy that your on to the problem and you might be WAY up in Canada But i will hear you yell......" I FIXED IT " way way down in Kansas USA........Good luck.

my 2nd hand P3SE cost me 320 euro including an extra battery, phone/tablet holder and a hard case backpack. I am happy as I went from a cheap chinese SG700 to this ;-)

Yes. It uses exactly the same OFDM module as the P3A&P. The antenna on the remote that was used for control signal on the standard/4K is repurposed and does nothing more than provide for the wifi connection to your phone/tablet. The internal patch antennas in the remote are used for the link to the phantom.
I thought the external antenna is the 2.4 ghz WIFI and the internal patch antennas are for the 5.8 ghz WIFI. What evidence do you have for your understanding? I'm using NLD and I've got the booster board connected to the external antennae Thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj