What Tablet

The Nokia that is doing the Android devices is not the part of Nokia that was acquired by Microsoft. That part of Nokia was shuttered and Microsoft took a massive write off for that adventure. That being said, Microsoft does a lot on the Android platform these days.

Sorry ... was involved in other business while typing that.

Nokia was divided up when Microsoft did the Board 'shuffle' taking over. I have a lot of inside knowledge about Nokia because a senior Manager is also one who sails on my yacht ... he left Nokia because of Microsoft plans to 'join' with Nokia. He'd been advocating Nokia should approach MS for Win Mobile instead of continuing the failed Symbian. His reason being that Nokia was still strong enough at that time to get a deal to suit. MS was actively looking for a solid platform to put Win Mobile on. It would have been a heaven union, but unfortunately they over-ruled him and Nokia sank into the toilet where MS was able to then enter and do their worst.

Nokia was divided up eventually and old school retained part as long as it was not in conflict with MS ..

Ms has basically had to accept that Android is a serious player and this has given rise to various developments :

Microsoft accepting that there should be cross over development.
Blackberry RIM having Android compatibility for some time now.

Just to give two examples ......... additional to Nokia finally accepting the inevitable.

Oh and my pal .. ex Nokia ... he took his severance and built / owns and runs a shop ... he's far happier and even smiles now !!

Nigel

The mention of Litchi .... I have been an ardent supporter of Litchi for a long time but about 6 months ago - I went back to GO. I was finding Litchi crashing out unexpectedly ...

Couple of days ago - I did a flight and Litchi was unreliable to say the least. It crashed out twice in two flights.

I'm running :

Nexus 7 vers 2 16Gb - never had any problems before.
FW 1.11.20
Latest updated Litchi

The Go I have installed is 3.1.43 - the latest.

I have a sneeky feeling that something latest GO has installed may have affected LITCHI operation even though I forcestop one when running the other etc.

Nigel
I just use a dedicate tablet for only Litchi, nothing else is on it and I have forced closed and disabled every thing I can except Google Play Store, Google Services and Google and it has 3gb of "System Memory". Litchi has gotten fat and now needs 3gb to 4gb of "System Memory".

Nexus 7 vers 2 16Gb has only 2gb of "System Memory" (Snapdragon S4 Pro)
Your 16gb is only storage, NOT "System Memory"

"System Memory" is just like the memory cards you put in a PC only they can't be added or subtracted in our phones and tablets. They are built into the "Motherboard".

Both Litchi and DJI are making us buy more expensive (and faster) equipment to run their fattened software. This way they can roll out more and more features that everyone wants for more and more money.

ONLY WAY AROUND THIS is to downgrade your drone and the flying software (Litchi, DJI Go) to versions that were released the same time our drone was released. (You can find everything on PhantomHelp dot com or Google it)

Soon I hope we will be seeing tablets made with 8gb to 16gb on "System Memory" but I doubt it will happen since tablets are on the way out and bigger screened phones are being bought instead.

OR

Go buy a DJI CrystalSky monitor and avoid all of the problems ..... see what I mean now?

a) Go downgrade your FW ............... having followed religiously instructions to do that on my P3P - and bricked it because of the ODM module being the earlier version - I am definitely not going to even consider it any form ... and I advise others to be extremely cautious of doing it.

b) CrsytalSky monitors have come in for a LOT of flak and for the price asked ... is it really the solution ? Sorry but until I can see more PRO evidence than the CON reports so often posted - my money stays well in my pocket.

My Nexus 7 may be working at limits - but on reading others woes ... I am very happy with it.

Interested where you get the info that LITCHI requires 3 - 4Gb system memory from ... seems a strange specification ... its either 3 or its 4Gb ... or another number ...

Nigel

Duplicate post and for some reason forum is not updating or completing DELETE requests .. ??

Nigel

Hi All

This thread is getting really interesting, I "whimped" out on a newer tablet as I wanted a simple life and "reconfiging usb ports" is beyond me. Went for a K1 and delighted, very simple to set up and with no lag (only negative is the display is not very bright) and the micro HDMI will be useful.

Adrian

You did spot that the thread was started in 2016 ?
When the Go App was a little less sophisticated and required less Ram & Processing power,
I guess we have the intelligent flight modes to thank for that.

I actually will question that as I have been using Go and Litchi through those years and to be honest the size and requirements I doubt have increased as much as implied ... I accept that yes they have increased but not to the level that makes my Nexus 7 vers 2 unsuited.

As guy above shows ... his K1 is working good ...

I think its too easy to blame the APP when I tend to believe other factors play in this.

I've actually been searching online to try and find reference to real power needed by the APPs GO and Litchi ... nothing found yet apart from users supposition ! If anyone can actually provide actual data from DJI and Litchi on this instead of the guesswork of users ... I would be very interested.... and I am sure so would others.

Nigel

Well my way works perfectly for me on all my dji drones running Litchi. I'm sorry I offended you "solentlife".

Well my way works perfectly for me on all my dji drones running Litchi. I'm sorry I offended you "solentlife".

Offended ? Why ? I thought there was a healthy debate going on ...

Just because I questioned your view ... where is the offended bit ?

Nigel

Reactions: anotherlab
Reviving an old thread I know,
Well I thought I would upgrade the old Tab A that still ran Litchi & DJI Go, as a backup, for something a little bigger, I’m not a fan of huge tablets as a workhorse around the home, they tend to eat the battery and are a bit cumbersome,
So I found a cheap Samsung S2 9.7, miss sold as a 819 by Argos, so that’s another story, but after spending what seemed an age getting it all to work together, Litchi & DJI Go on the same tablet etc.,
After a battery on the 9.7 and a play with the Huawei, I still prefer the cheaper Huawei, one thing is weight, as light as the S2 is, in the holder(which is fit be mm`s) it feels a bit less stable, also even though they are on the same android version, the Huawei is smother working,
They are both 3g ram, storage is the same but I do run a 128G SD card in the S2,
I know I didn’t purchase the S2 for droning, its larger screen was a plus as a backup,
But I still have to say I’m surprised how well the cheaper brand does.
Sorry for the ramble,

my settings to get the S2 to work both Apps is, with the lead connected to the device & RC,

In the drop down notification bar, set that USB to none,
And in developer options, USB Configuration is RNDIS for DJI, and Charging for Litchi,

PS; This is for running both Litchi & DJI Go on the same device,

When you first use the apps it will ask if you wish to make it the default app when the USB is connected, say NO, make it ask, If you have any issues like it only opens DJI Go when you connect the USB, remove any default permissions DJI may have, it seems that it likes DJI to be the default even if you say No sometimes.

HTH

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT