What tablet do you use with a P3SE

Reaction score
Right what do people use and what are the basic specs needed.
I use my galaxy S* mobile at the moment and had a play with an Amazone fire 8" tablet (tweaked to side load android apps) that seemed ok but it don't have GPS. (Solved that with this Bluetooth GPS receiver) Gonna give the fire a blast at the weekend again.
I would love to try Litchi but that seems to work better on an Ipad.

I use iPad mini 4 (non cellular) never any issues with software etc. I use it to fly my P3S, P3A and MP. It’s been as good as gold, I highly recommend it. Hope that helps, good luck.

Reactions: Optikn3rv
Reactions: Astrix
I have just bought an ASUS Nexus 7 2013 Wifi (running Android) secondhand from eBay, to fly my Phantom 3 SE - mainly because I already had one and it seemed to work well with the DJI Go app, but had a broken screen which limited flying controls (because of unresponsive areas of the screen). I didn't want to pay much (I am an Apple fan, normally), and found that all the currently available cheap Android tablets with just wifi connectivity don't have GPS - they seemed to have followed Apple's lead on that. Another reason to use Android in the UK is that there are various wifi channel signal strength apps not available on iOS.

I find my 9.4" iPad too big and cumbersome on the controller - too big to carry around in the field, and too top heavy on the controller cradle. Also, paying many hundreds of pounds for a new tablet with GPS (needed for the 'follow me' function), especially when the 4G-SIM capability is not needed, seemed out-of-proportion for a £500 beginner drone.It would bust my budget.

Right what do people use and what are the basic specs needed.
I use my galaxy S* mobile at the moment and had a play with an Amazone fire 8" tablet (tweaked to side load android apps) that seemed ok but it don't have GPS. (Solved that with this Bluetooth GPS receiver) Gonna give the fire a blast at the weekend again.
I would love to try Litchi but that seems to work better on an Ipad.

What Bluetooth GPS did U use please?

I am using a Galaxy Tab S2 and runs just fine. 10" screen is great.
Hi,

Could you tell me what version of Dji GO you are using on your Tab S2 please? I just got one and factory reset the tablet and cannot get Dji Go to run as it crashes every time

Cheers

DW

For the last three months i have been using a Samsung A6 Galaxy 8" Tablet and it's white coolur looks fantastic with the controller too up UNTIL i lost all video feed a week ago,i have tried everything and can't get video feed back, i mean i have litterly tried everything and no good. Yesterday i upgraded to FCC mode too and looking forward to trying that when weather improves but even booting everything up in the sitting room with the new app still no feed :( but can anyone say why i may have all of a sudden lost video feed, it comes on fine until i take off and 30 seconds in to the flight i end up with a black screen, people are saying it's my tablet that's wrong but i don't agree because it has worked fine for three months.

Here is what i have done, sorry if i am going on about this topic on numerous threads but i really need some help with the problem cause now it's going to be risky too in FCC mode without video feed to my screen.Here is what i have done to try to resolve the problem.

-Discharged both batteries low and recharged (Cause i was only always topping up the controller battery so i felt a good discharge was needed on that)
- Fiddeled with settings on the Tablet as i was advised to uninstal google play store and try some more settings on the tablet to get more RAM...etc etc.
-Rebinding aircraft and controller used to fix this problem but not any more.
-Uninstall DJI GO APP and reinstalling
-Calibrating controller,gimbal and IMU.
- Downloading new App from here for FCC Mode.

Nothing works, people say it's my tablet but i am not convinced because it worked fine and fantastic for three months, unless it's somesetting i'm overlooking?

Can any one help at all with this??
I really don't want to spend another 2oo+ on a tablet if it's not the issue, i tried two more samsung mobile phones and no good either.How ever i did manage to get video feed back but 30seconds in to the flight i get a black screen, it normally comes on before take off then goes out.

Dan

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31