What should I buy, Phantom 3 advanced or mavic pro? Im beginner

P3A VS MAVIC PRO

• P3A

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • MAVIC PRO

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Hi. I'm a beginner with this hobby and i bought my first drone, the syma x5c1. I flew it for about 4 to 5 times and I got used to that drone and now, i want to upgrade to a dji phantom. I saw a bundle from amazon cosist of phantom 3 advanced, prop guards, extra set of propellers, hardshell bag and 1 extra oem dji battery that cost $899 and the same set but without the extra battery for $829 however, i saw the dji mavic pro for only $963 which i will just add $64 from the P3A. Im a begginner and what do you guys recommend for me? Thanks a lot!

Ps: im not a photographer so camera is no biggie for me. I already compared them and checkef the reviews and maybe i could get a good advice based on your experience.

Interesting. I have not voted because I fly a P3A, and am thinking of buying a Mavic purely for the portability aspect, but I don't find the carry case for the P3A too much of a problem, although it would be an advantage while on location. It depends on that point for me.

If you want the portability then the Mavic.

I am tempted ............................:confused:

P3 Advanced (refurb) is selling for around $600, mine looks brand new to me (I think some of the electronics inside might be refurb, but the shell, motors, exterior are all brand new).
As an amateur, I'm not willing to risk $1000 on a gadget that could fall out of sky one day, without any insurance, your investment is gone. And I don't think it's worth buying insurance for a hobby that i use occasionally either.
I agree, the portability could be a big factor here.
YMMV.

For your skills and taste, go for Mavic pro.

P3 Advanced (refurb) is selling for around $600, mine looks brand new to me (I think some of the electronics inside might be refurb, but the shell, motors, exterior are all brand new).
As an amateur, I'm not willing to risk $1000 on a gadget that could fall out of sky one day, without any insurance, your investment is gone. And I don't think it's worth buying insurance for a hobby that i use occasionally either.
I agree, the portability could be a big factor here.
YMMV.
You can get a P3 Pro refurb for roughly $600 from DJI

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj