What satellite maps are used in the GO app?

Reaction score
I've noticed the satellite maps displayed are not the same as the current Google Earth maps. My display shows a lot of cars in a nearby parking lot, and the current Google Earth has none. Some property is developed where the GO version shows no homes. I'm guessing the GO ones are about a year apart due to recent construction sites and streets between the two satellite views.

Is DJI using some other maps? Bing, Apple, MapSource, etc. or a much older Google Earth version? Wondering as I'm trying to plan an autonomous mission and there may be obstacles in the map if they are not current (Houses. Trees. Posts. Etc.) along with the matter of flying into something not on the GO (Old?) maps.

Been contemplating downloading the current Google Earth map into the iPad cache, but don't know how to get rid of the old or GO ones.

The DJI GO iOS version uses Apple maps.

Reactions: GMack
Wondering as I'm trying to plan an autonomous mission and there may be obstacles in the map if they are not current (Houses. Trees. Posts. Etc.) along with the matter of flying into something not on the GO (Old?) maps.

I'd inspect the flying area instead of trusting any map.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj