What Micro to get?

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Im looking to get the Mavic once available. In the mean time im trying to find a half way decent micro quad I can fly in my house with an phone or tablet. Trying to mimic the same setup as the mavic but not the exact same. Does anyone know of any micro drones that can be flown in a house that you can use a phone or tablet to view from the camera when flying?

Trying to mimic the same setup as the mavic but not the exact same.
There are no micro quads that fly like the Mavic (or any other DJI quadcopter). If you're just looking to get some stick time in and work on your coordination, then one of these quadcopters might work well for you.

msinger, im fairly new to this, but is this becuase the Mavic can hold its postion allot better or what are you refearing to?

Most of the micro quads do not have GPS, so you must constantly hold the throttle stick up to keep them in the air. They also aren't nearly as easy to control as DJI quadcopters.

Plus the flight controller in mini quads isn't going to be nearly advanced as a flight controller in a dji quad.. But you will at least learn the stick motions , like what direction of which stick does what.. But if your thinking the mini quad will behave the same it won't, it's gonna fly totally different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otherwise a couple of weeks back I downloaded Liftoff after watching DRL. I don't have a remote to use it with on my computer but I do use my ps4 controller with it. I can enable stable flight with this. Other then looking into a tablet or phone it is as if you got fpv googles on. Would this be closer to the feel of the drone then the micro one?

Dji also has a flight simulator you can use after you buy the drone.. I would also practice on that for awhile before actually flying it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you want to learn the bare basics of flying a drone then try one of the Hubsan palm sized ones. Hubsan X4 H107C 2.4G Remote Control RC Quadcopter Drones 0.3MP Camera Record. These are fun to fly and full 8 channel. If you can fly one of these then you can fly any quad copter. But remember they are not for the faint hearted lol.
You can buy spare batteries and multi charges cheap as chips. If you can master one of these then flying a phantom will be a walk in the park.

Reactions: MCTV
Would the flight simulator be compared to lift off? If not I do have a version of phoenix when I had a trex a couple years back that it might be compared to. While I know most of the commands and what they do, just trying to get a feel for something with a fpv feel.

Flight simulators are ok but apart from getting some input on how they fly its really nothing quite like the real thing. One good thing on the p4 simulator which I liked was setting a side wind when in atti mode

I have many hrs on the hubsan original quad and several hrs on the HUBSAN H107C which has a camera but no screen to watch. To be honest, unless that model has altitude hold like the Hubsan X4 H502E 720P HD Camera GPS Altitude Mode One Key Return RC Quadcopter | eBay. Then you are gonna need all your time looking at the drone and not the video display or you are certain to crash as these little quads are really hard to fly needing your full attention.

Ill most likely take flak for it, but the quad I bought that mimic'd the DJI's flight the closest to me is the Parrot Mamba. Its altitude hold is the most solid of the 10 drones Ive bought that aren't GPS'd. Plus it has a cannon on it! No FPV, but its a blast to fly around.

Each to there own I suppose. For me, its got to be the back to basics no frills full on approach that I love about it before gps, altitude hold and return to home functions came about.

I have flown fixed wing aircraft but my new P4 is my first quadcopter/drone.
I got a syma xc51 for Christmas and have been flying it just to get orientation etc.
Only about $60 bucks on Amazon. I can tell it has already helped me with flight orientation, rc stick control etc.
RC

Reactions: Darren Roach
Thumbs up to the Hubsan X4. Cheap, fun to fly and yes they definitely need your full attention. It's like ATTI mode on steroids after 4 cups of coffee.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Casper`s P4
IMHO flying a cheap micro is awesome practice as its SO much harder than a DJI.

After getting good with a Zipp Propel Nano, the Phantom is so easy...

Reactions: Darren Roach

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3