What is the best mod to increase range

Here's my other passion, not as cool as yours.
View attachment 70490

just put some dents and rust on it, throw away the top and get a cat to pee on the inside.

easy-peasy

The best part about Jeeps is that the worse they look, the better they look

oh yeah, and I have a Jeep in addition to the bikes so my wife puts up with a lot but that's why I married her...she is very understanding

image.png I was flying my P3S this morning over farmland and I got out to 18,175 ft. All I have on the RC is a dbs range extender antenna (no boosters) so I think DBS Are awesome for more range!

That's probably where I'll eventually end up as well.

It's hard to keep convincing the wife that I need all of these things....

:D

I fired my wife. Worth a try.

yep video good most of the way got laggy towards the end...to get that distance condiions have to be ideal...like dead calm and of course no interference and sometimes if there is a bit of light cloud the signal is really good. Cheers

Argtek site has a section devoted to making sure connectors are fully fitted inside controller - well worth reading it.

Please be noted during Installation:

For starters, anyone saying this made their signal worse...didn't install it correctly. There are 3 wires that need to be popped off their connectors, they are held on by small dots of glue. Please use a small screwdriver and pulled the glue away from the connectors and pull up on the wire and they pop off (don't be afraid to use a little force, if they are on there properly it'll take a tug). 2 of those wires connect to little square antennas which are held on with glue again (you remove these).
Please pull up on the antenna while chipping away at the glue with screwdriver and they come off. The other wire is connected to the original antenna which you remove. Now here comes the part where you need to focus...snapping these 3 new wires onto their respective bases. You really have to snap them on or they won’t work.
(People having range issues after installing this mod probably didn't push down hard enough so these new connectors snapped tightly into place).
Once you have them tightly in place...pull up on them...if they come right off they are not on properly!! They should stay on there solidly when you pull up on them. Once you are sure they are on there tightly put a dot of hot glue on the connection to make sure they stay put. After that reassemble the controller and enjoy the range boost this setup will give you. It works, as long as you do it right.

Nigel

Reactions: BoydBros
I fired my wife. Worth a try.

no way - my wife is the keeper. She encourages my Jeep habit, is cool with me having a garage full of motorcycles, bicycles and things like the Phantom. On top of which is an amazing mother, drives a stick better than any woman I have met yet.... and to cap it all off she is freak in the bedroom so.... I'm stickin with her!

I wanted to share this one.

I bought this kit off of amazon while I was researching getting a new 5.8 gHz antenna as my stock one was toast. I had the chance to test it out yesterday and didn't have enough space to work with to really test it's range but it never once during my 20 min flight ever leave full bars whereas before I could barely make it to 60m.

For $16 it's pretty tough to beat

Sweet Jeep! Fellow Jeepster here with a 91 YJ Islander... Happy Trails!

Had the chance to test my $16 antenna upgrade yesterday. Easily got me out to 500M which was my max distance set via the app and still had more to go. Will try to see how much farther it wants to go, next weekend

Very happy with this!

DBS...regularly getting 12,000 plus feet and seem to hit return to home in the low 13,000's. Video breakup has been minimal unless I go behind a hill/lots of trees around where I fly.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl