What is "Mode changed to GPS HotPoint" mean?

Reaction score
In my HealthyDrone logs, under General > Notification, there is an item called, "Mode changed to GPS HotPoint". What does this indicate? (this is from a Phantom 4 flight)

yFeqgOn.png

Were you using the ActiveTrack Spotlight flight mode?

Ah, that must be it then. Healthy Drones displays the flight modes as they are named in the DJI GO code -- even though those are not the names you see when selecting the flight modes in DJI GO.

Ah, that must be it then. Healthy Drones displays the flight modes as they are named in the DJI GO code -- even though those are not the names you see when selecting the flight modes in DJI GO.
Oh, I get it. Internally, the DJI code is "GPS HotPoint", but the street name (marketing name) is "Point of Interest".

Thanks!

You got it. Healthy Drones is cryptic like that ;)

You got it. Healthy Drones is cryptic like that ;)
I'm a software engineer and it's probably a good move on HD's part—simply reporting what is found in the logs, as opposed to taking "GPS HotPoint" and displaying something more meaningful to the pilot (e.g. "Intellegent Mode-POI"). That way, whenever DJI changes that internal code to something else, the HD page won't break (worst case) or display an incorrect mode (better case).

FWIW, I'm a software engineer too and I translate the flight mode names in my log viewer. Many people who use software don't really enjoy using the software. They are just looking to achieve the fix or benefit that comes from using the software. Anything that makes their life easier is definitely a plus.

FWIW, I'm a software engineer too and I translate the flight mode names in my log viewer. Many people who use software don't really enjoy using the software. They are just looking to achieve the fix or benefit that comes from using the software. Anything that makes their life easier is definitely a plus.
Cool. I'll have to try out your log viewer soon. Thanks!

Msinger,

Just used your software for the very first time today and wanted to thank you for being able to see the detail from the flights that is available to us.

As most people get their first glimpse of your program "after a notable event" it was nice to be able to review a previous flight in comfort and not under any stress!

AD

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31