What happens if you interrupt a battery firmware update?

1.9 came out in June. It had a battery update.
1.10 came out 11/29. It did not have a battery update.
You can download the firmware release notes from DJI same place as firmware.

UPDATE: Maybe Fixed it.....
All right. I maybe fixed the problem. Not exactly sure which thing was the one.
Here's what I did:

-Formatted the SD card in the P3P via DJI Go in camera settings>Format Card
-Took card out, used card reader to copy the P3X_FW_V01.10.0090.bin file
-Put back in the P3P - Remote controller OFF, used small screw driver to press the RC Link button while powering up Battery - see this Vid: Force Reinstall Phantom 3 Firmware
-Once it powered up let go of the button.
- Got the normal startup and Normal Red/Green flashing and Beeping sound for less than 2 min, The status light went Green.
-Powered down.

All seems right. I looked on the .txt file but see no new entries for today (3/17) and more importantly - no FAIL message.

I have power up 5 of my 8 batteries and so far only had a momentary Red flash on each, then Green Status and normal sounds.

When I check in Go software the only ! notice is that I need to update the controller firmware as yesterday I downgraded it back to v1.6 - I want to test everything out (if it stops raining....). But from what I've read lots of people have had issues with v1.8 on the controller - horrible broken up video transmission. And fixed when they went back to v1.6 - so this is where I am at.

After literally 5 hours of screwing around with it yesterday and over an hour with a very patient Chat tech support guy at DJI, I was ready to ship it to California
But now I think it's OK. Will know tomorrow or Sunday......

UPDATE: Maybe Fixed it.....
All right. I maybe fixed the problem. Not exactly sure which thing was the one.
Here's what I did:

-Formatted the SD card in the P3P via DJI Go in camera settings>Format Card
-Took card out, used card reader to copy the P3X_FW_V01.10.0090.bin file
-Put back in the P3P - Remote controller OFF, used small screw driver to press the RC Link button while powering up Battery - see this Vid: Force Reinstall Phantom 3 Firmware

-Once it powered up let go of the button.
- Got the normal startup and Normal Red/Green flashing and Beeping sound for less than 2 min, The status light went Green.
-Powered down.

All seems right. I looked on the .txt file but see no new entries for today (3/17) and more importantly - no FAIL message.

I have power up 5 of my 8 batteries and so far only had a momentary Red flash on each, then Green Status and normal sounds.

When I check in Go software the only ! notice is that I need to update the controller firmware as yesterday I downgraded it back to v1.6 - I want to test everything out (if it stops raining....). But from what I've read lots of people have had issues with v1.8 on the controller - horrible broken up video transmission. And fixed when they went back to v1.6 - so this is where I am at.

After literally 5 hours of screwing around with it yesterday and over an hour with a very patient Chat tech support guy at DJI

Maybe you could use another bird(if you know someone with your model)to update the batteries?

Interesting problem...
No, I really think its fixed. All batteries were powered up today with no issues. All seems well.
As soon as it stops raining I'll find out for sure.

I do have another P3P - but for now I'm leaving that as is.....

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT