What do I buy please

Hello if I were you and just getting into this hobby I would buy A Phantom 3 standard,just because it takes time to learn to fly safely.When I say safely I mean being able to know that every time you fly you will be in full control of that drone at all times and be able to deal with any issues that may arise while in flight,and believe me sh:t happens.So until you are sure that every time you fly you can get home 100% of the time foregoing anything that is out of your control,stick with the P3 simply because they are a good bang for the buck.Once you feel you have mastered that drone,Move on to your dream drone.The only reason I said all of this is because this is an expensive hobby especially when you crash a $2500 drone.Good Luck
Yes, I agree - you have got to go cheap with your first drone, especially as even the old ones are still amazing arial machines. As I have said - I prefer the Vision Plus over the P3 Standard but both of these options are much better than a more expensive aircraft.

Oliver - Dronerr Parts

Reactions: Hansolo1977
Geeee.....Me i went really El Cheap O for my 1st drone with no GPS and i bought 5 batterys that were less then $20.00 and the Wonderful Toy drone was ONLY $54.00..it had a 250 foot range...i flew and i flew it in the house and off my porch.....i flew it off my porch across my yard and across the street and in to a large field that had big trees on all four sides and I Never Even one time hooked that drone in a tree....and the flight back was fun too when the lights on the bottom started to blink i had near 3 minutes of battery left...Then after many fun fun months.....I checked out the Dji line of drones and bought my P3SE........now with many many hours of flight times.......I Love to go fly it and My adrenaline rush is still their like the very first time when i set it down and backed off and..........Energized them four motors to take off !..... some guys are happy with a " Jeep some are happy and a Cadillac ".......I choose a P3SE and Not a near $2000.00 drone and Im very happy with it !

Welcome to The Forum and I am sure you will be very happy with your Phantom 3 standard.It is what I started with and I still fly it quite a bit, I love it..It's fun and the best benefit is it's a great learning drone, in the event something does happen, you are not out as much money as you would be on one of the more expensive aircraft. when you get more experience flying this drone you have the option to upgrade however, space for the purposes you wanted a drone for I believe this will be the perfect drone for you for a long time. Fly safe and don't be afraid to ask questions we're all here to help.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
At this point, you really shouldn't be paying more than $300 for a P3 Standard, so get one used and that will let you sell it and move onto a different drone without losing money. If you buy it new and you go to sell it, don't expect to get much more than $300 for it, either. Alternatively, if you feel like you will want a better drone, just buy the model you want. DJIs are so simple to fly that a newbie can get into it if they exercise caution. You can also buy a $20 drone for practice, that way you get the feel of a drone and crashing it does not matter.

Honestly, for what you get, I feel like $500 is an incredibly good deal on a new one. If you are fine buying used, you're right, but a lot of people have a much greater peace of mind buying electronics new. And if you are going the new route, the P3S is a pretty legit drone at a much lower cost than most out there.

Just saying, I think it's still well worth its new price tag.

Geeee.....Me i went really El Cheap O for my 1st drone with no GPS and i bought 5 batterys that were less then $20.00 and the Wonderful Toy drone was ONLY $54.00..it had a 250 foot range...i flew and i flew it in the house and off my porch.....i flew it off my porch across my yard and across the street and in to a large field that had big trees on all four sides and I Never Even one time hooked that drone in a tree....and the flight back was fun too when the lights on the bottom started to blink i had near 3 minutes of battery left...Then after many fun fun months.....I checked out the Dji line of drones and bought my P3SE........now with many many hours of flight times.......I Love to go fly it and My adrenaline rush is still their like the very first time when i set it down and backed off and..........Energized them four motors to take off !..... some guys are happy with a " Jeep some are happy and a Cadillac ".......I choose a P3SE and Not a near $2000.00 drone and Im very happy with it !
I understand you bought a toy drone to claim you learned on it to fly within visual range maybe 150 feet .But that is not real life drone flying and flying a mission and do aerial photography,So what you are doing with your toy drone does not compare to flying something like a DJI Phantom or similar drones. I recommend getting a phantom 3 standard and master that aircraft because there are a lot of settings some advanced some novice.Secondly it’s a lot different when your toy drone that weighs 4-5 ounces falls out of the sky from 100 feet compared to a more sophisticated larger much heavier drone falling from 100 feet now you have a real problem on your hands especially in a populated area,Now you have the possibility of human injury and property damage and that is not including the total loss of your $400 plus drone so don’t think that you can learn to fly a sophisticated drone by practicing with a toy good luck motorcycle man

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
When I said a $2,500 drone I meant that figuratively not literally,But don’t kid yourself it is very easy to spend that kind of money on a good drone especially when you add a couple of extra batteries and filters for your camera and lets not forget those decent memory cards at $25-30 a piece.anyway happy flying

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164