What are you flying?

What do you own and have flown within the past 6 months?

• Phantom4 Pro V1 or V2

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • Phantom 4 Advance

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Phantom 4 (older version)

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • Phantom 3 Pro

Votes: 11 21.6%
  • Phantom 3 Advanced

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • Phantom 3 Standard

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • Phantom 3 SE

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Ive bought sold and repaired thousands of DJI drones, and Im wondering what everyone is flying these days? Im about to discontinue service to Phantom 3 Standards, but it depends on how many people are still flying them. Please select up to 2 birds.

I didnt include Phantom 3 4k because they are hard to get parts for, and I dont repair them.

The only time we see them through our store is typically in pieces. Don't hear too much about them anymore, but I know a few pilots around flying them still. Good Luck!

Reactions: Former Member
The only time we see them through our store is typically in pieces. Don't hear too much about them anymore, but I know a few pilots around flying them still. Good Luck!

lol. Seems like ages since they first came out.

I just want to say that I really admire your company and business model. Whenever I contact FDS, Im always met with friendly and knowledgeable staff. You are an asset to the industry. (Do I get a cookie now?)

Ive bought sold and repaired thousands of DJI drones, and Im wondering what everyone is flying these days? Im about to discontinue service to Phantom 3 Standards, but it depends on how many people are still flying them. Please select up to 2 birds.

I didnt include Phantom 3 4k because they are hard to get parts for, and I dont repair them.
I have a question for the comment you made about Phantom 3 4K . I am very new at the sport I have a Phantom 3 Pro It does have a 4k camera is this the drone you make mention of about hard to get parts??
Thank you

I am very new at the sport I have a Phantom 3 Pro It does have a 4k camera is this the drone you make mention of about hard to get parts?
No. He's referring to the Phantom 3 4K. It's probably the least commonly purchased Phantom 3 model.

I always thought the P3 4K was a Standard with the Pro camera. Guess I was wrong.

I always thought the P3 4K was a Standard with the Pro camera. Guess I was wrong.

Nope. Its a proprietary camera just for that drone. No other gimbal will work on it, and it wont work on any other drone. Its the White rhino of DJI drones.

The drone is called the Phantom 3 4k as opposed to the Phantom 3 Professional

Reactions: Ansia
Nope. Its a proprietary camera just for that drone. No other gimbal will work on it, and it wont work on any other drone. Its the White rhino of DJI drones.

The drone is called the Phantom 3 4k as opposed to the Phantom 3 Professional
Well that was dumb on DJI's part. They could have saved if reused gimbals.

I always viewed the 4k as being a P3S with a 4K camera, just like the P3A with an HD camera.
Phantom-Compare.png

To which does the SE compare then?

lol. Seems like ages since they first came out.

I just want to say that I really admire your company and business model. Whenever I contact FDS, Im always met with friendly and knowledgeable staff. You are an asset to the industry. (Do I get a cookie now?)
2 cookies for a comment like that! haha

Seriously, we really do appreciate you noticing little things like that as we try to make them a priority here at the store....thanks.

I still fly my P3S regularily. Have had it for just over 2 years. It was my first DJI drone and has been rock solid and still flies great. I fly just as much in winter (and cold temps) as I do in the summer. My P3S out-performs my Spark when it comes to flying in the cold.

Currently, the P3S has the most votes in your survey. That says alot about the popularity of this model!

Chris

I’m curious too... I have a P3se which is a P3 with 4K camera. I did pay $599 2 years ago. I don’t get to fly a lot, but it’s a great machine with no problems!

Well my P3s was a gift, so I don't have a lot of $$ wrapped up in it, YET! But the few times I have had flown it, I had fun. Hope we still have support for this drone in the future because I'd hate to have to carve- out parts out of Balsa for this thing:D! H.P.

Reactions: sdileon
Hi all. I'm new to flyiny ( about 5months now ).
My P3 standard was also a gift. I love flying it, but am also looking for my next one. The comments and information I find here are a great help. I'm told that my drone is becoming obsolete and will be difficult/expensive to repair in the near future, so I'm trying hard NOT to crash it...!!!

With only 2 pilots so far flying the P4A, should I be nervous? Is there something that I missed?

No idea what benefit You might realise from limiting response to two AC.... You get incomplete information or nothing from some people.

Well that was dumb on DJI's part. They could have saved if reused gimbals.

I always viewed the 4k as being a P3S with a 4K camera, just like the P3A with an HD camera.
View attachment 107686

To which does the SE compare then?
The 4K is a P3S with a 4 k camera, just not the P3P one.

The SE is a dogs breakfast of left over parts. It has the OFDM board and VPS module from the pro, standard main board with RF section removed and the remote uses the internal patch antennas for the lightbridge with the single external antenna doing nothing more than wifi connection to the display device. There is no official SDK available.

Reactions: Ansia
I fly the phantom 3 professional and new to the collection is the inspire 1 v1

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic