What am I doing wrong

Reaction score
I purchased a P3 Standard, DJI has confirmed it has never been activated. I am having a devil of a time activating it. I have watched the videos so many times I can almost recite the script from memory. I have talked several times to DJI. The issue remains that I go through the wifi connnection start the DJI Go app and it never enters the activation screens.
I can connect to the aircraft fly the aircraft and everything but activate my SN. The ONLY anomoly I find is that back on my General settings it reports my Phantom 3 connection as having no internet connection. I've gon back and forth with the Phantom connection and my home router wifi connection. I have done this several times in 2 different Iphones 2 Ipads 1 Samsung S3, I even tried hard wired from the controllor to the mobile devices. What am I doing wrong????

I can connect to the aircraft fly the aircraft and everything but activate..
Unless something has changed recently, you would not be able to start the motors until it has already been activated.

Last edited:
Make sure the aircraft is using the latest firmware and obviously need an internet connection to activate.

I can connect to the aircraft fly the aircraft and everything but activate my SN.
That means somebody else already activated it. Once activated, it cannot be activated again by someone else.

Um hard wired sounds interesting try just turn wifi off , turn on rc and AC once lights goes green turn on your wifi and let it search ,see if conect like this,there's a triangle shape on home screen you can click and might show some if they not been cleared,was this p3s brought from dji or other sources ,did you follow quick start guide,

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
If you can fly the Phantom and the DJI-Go app works, you get telemetry, camera, etc. Your good to go.

"reports my Phantom 3 connection as having no internet connection."
You mobile device is always going to report it doesn't have internet connection, because the Phantom doesn't need or use the internet.

Rod

Reactions: Oso
I purchased a P3 Standard, DJI has confirmed it has never been activated. I am having a devil of a time activating it. I have watched the videos so many times I can almost recite the script from memory. I have talked several times to DJI. The issue remains that I go through the wifi connnection start the DJI Go app and it never enters the activation screens.
I can connect to the aircraft fly the aircraft and everything but activate my SN. The ONLY anomoly I find is that back on my General settings it reports my Phantom 3 connection as having no internet connection. I've gon back and forth with the Phantom connection and my home router wifi connection. I have done this several times in 2 different Iphones 2 Ipads 1 Samsung S3, I even tried hard wired from the controllor to the mobile devices. What am I doing wrong????

You can't activate until you log in to your DJI GO app. And you can't log in the DJI GO app without internet. So connect your tablet to the internet, log in, activate your aircraft, and THEN connect to your drone.

DJI has double checked my serial number and it has not been activated.
Hey try a goggle search on dji serial decoder,it will come up like this,,,this way numbers on box should match your drone,
20180915_102846.jpg

You can't activate until you log in to your DJI GO app. And you can't log in the DJI GO app without internet. So connect your tablet to the internet, log in, activate your aircraft, and THEN connect to your drone.
The issue is simply that I never enter the activate mode. If DJI said it was already activated to another owner that would be ok . I know I am at least the third owner. But they say my number has NOT been activated. I can log on no problem I can fly no problem I can calibrate the compass no problem. I just want to activate it and have DJI acknowledge it is mine. I have no illusions about a guarantee on this thing.

The issue is simply that I never enter the activate mode. If DJI said it was already activated to another owner that would be ok . I know I am at least the third owner. But they say my number has NOT been activated. I can log on no problem I can fly no problem I can calibrate the compass no problem. I just want to activate it and have DJI acknowledge it is mine. I have no illusions about a guarantee on this thing.
OK if you third owner yip it's been activated,,once this has happened, this can't be changed but won't affect warranty until late year is up ,if it has any old flight logs just clear the cached flights in flight log and once you re sync your flights with the cloud at top the flights will then come to your device,I'm not sure but should be able to create new once you download djigo and log in with your email,that way dji knows it's in your hands,,,
20180915_130656.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
@ianzone,
"OK if you third owner yip it's been activated,,once this has happened, this can't be changed but won't affect warranty until late year is up"
This I understand.

",if it has any old flight logs just clear the cached flights in flight log"
This I have know idea what your talking about?

and once you re sync your flights with the cloud at top the flights will then come to your device,I'm not sure but should be able to create new once you download djigo and log in with your email,that way dji knows it's in your hands,,,
"
This, I get your thought.

@fehujber,
"I know I am at least the third owner. But they say my number has NOT been activated. I can log on no problem I can fly no problem I can calibrate the compass no problem."
Your at least the third owner?
You can do everything with no problem, What is the problem? ;)

As far as any of us know, Phantom 3's, the motors will not start until it has been activated, registered , etc. That is a BRAND NEW PHANTOM. A refurbish from DJI I assume would be the same.

We really don't get what the problem is.
I use we, because the majority of us on this forum like to help and find answers to new questions. We all learn from.

Your turn....

Rod

Last edited:
OK me should have posted these before if it my turn...if you clear cache at bottom all your flight logs will disappear, I know this is did by mistake and was only through old device that had not been synced for long time they came back ,I even email dji on this and once this happens only some can be retrieved from dji server with assistant 2,,your hours at top also go,your flight list down the right hand side goes aswell,back to blank screen,,,unless you want to clear your own flights, do NOT press this button :)
20180915_144808.jpg
20180915_144745.jpg
20180915_144721.jpg
......as I can work out the op is concerned it's not been activated according to dji which very odd since he 3rd owner

Last edited by a moderator:
OK me should have posted these before if it my turn...if you clear cache at bottom all your flight logs will disappear, I know this is did by mistake and was only through old device that had not been synced for long time they came back ,I even email dji on this and once this happens only some can be retrieved from dji server with assistant 2,,your hours at top also go,your flight list down the right hand side goes aswell,back to blank screen,,,unless you want to clear your own flights, do NOT press this button :)View attachment 103481 View attachment 103482View attachment 103483......as I can work out the op is concerned it's not been activated according to dji which very odd since he 3rd owner
There is nothing in the flight records or the cache but what I have done!

Ok lets try a different direction and question. Is there any way in DJI GO or any additional app to view the serial number of my aircraft? Also is there any app which will bring up the DJI editor on my desktop (Mac) Even my Ipad pro screen is tough to work on?

Ok lets try a different direction and question. Is there any way in DJI GO or any additional app to view the serial number of my aircraft? Also is there any app which will bring up the DJI editor on my desktop (Mac) Even my Ipad pro screen is tough to work on?
Um yip interesting, you could scan QR code on box,,I was searching for ages on this serial number and you not alone,goggle search will show this, have you tryed signing out of app (under ME)in home page of app and the logging back in,,someone has obviously cleared flight logs before you receive it but very odd how it's used but no activation recorded,something not right here,, but at least it's working,,it seems it well out of warranty if you 3rd owner (depending on time others had for,),,,I reckon just delete and reinstall djigo might come right if not just fly it,

Um yip interesting, you could scan QR code on box,,I was searching for ages on this serial number and you not alone,goggle search will show this, have you tryed signing out of app (under ME)in home page of app and the logging back in,,someone has obviously cleared flight logs before you receive it but very odd how it's used but no activation recorded,something not right here,, but at least it's working,,it seems it well out of warranty if you 3rd owner (depending on time others had for,),,,I reckon just delete and reinstall djigo might come right if not just fly it,
I don't have the original box, came in a backpack. Yea my worry is that there is something funky in this unit's history.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers