Well it's arrived and fitted in half an hour

To be honest, I'm starting to think that there's something specific in the installation that can either make or break the performance. Although I was thinking that the connections on the 2.4 GHz card could likely be interchanged without detriment, I'm wondering if that's actually the case. I doubt that there should be any difference, but the contrast of reviews has me grasping at straws.
That is what I am thinking. Like I said earlier it is hard to believe that it would make the distance worse than stock.........of course if the install didn't go as planned then maybe! Still waiting for mine.......

I am at the RC park now testing it out again. Best distance here has been around 2300 feet out. On my first flight I made it out around 3600 feet with good video on my tablet and all my signal bars. I am sure that it can go farther but I think that I should do that out in the country. Yesterday's failure was due to the loose middle antenna wire on the board.

Reactions: rdzbarger
I am at the RC park now testing it out again. Best distance here has been around 2300 feet out. On my first flight I made it out around 3600 feet with good video on my tablet and all my signal bars. I am sure that it can go farther but I think that I should do that out in the country. Yesterday's failure was due to the loose middle antenna wire on the board.
That is good news scottbra9.......let's see what it will do out in the country!!

Got my Argtek today. Put it in.....about 30 minutes. Had a little trouble with the 5.8 connection. The connection was a little smooshed so it wouldn't fit over the plug on the Tx........had to open it up a little bit then it was OK.

It is about 18 degrees today in Chicago area but I couldn't wait. Before the Argtek I got about 3000 ft. I went the same course I did to get the 3000 and got about 3800.............I think I could get more but it got cold.....I used the DJI Go app.

I tried it with the Litchi app and from take off the video signal was blinking red the whole time. Wifi signal was good. I took it out about 1000 ft and had video signal but it was still blinking red. Wifi was fine. I brought it back because I didn't want anything to happen.

Moral of the story I think that I am going to get better distance. Major distance isn't my concern. I just want a stronger connection at normal distance. Good to go I think.

Just made my second test flight. I made it out 4348 feet when it started to lose the signal. Did RTH to bring it back

Last edited:
Just skimming through this thread and looking at distances people are posting with this mod. I don't really understand. I for sure got 2300m using stock remote. Would this help me go further?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

My longest flight flight today out in the Flint Hills with my P3S was 6319 feet at a little over 200 feet in altitude. At this point the tablet was showing weak video signal I still had total control and brought it back on my own. I have a feeling that I could have gone farther if my altitude had been 400 feet. That will have to wait for another day. As I have posted before in this thread my previous best distance out before installing the antenna was around 2600 feet. At least for me this has been a very good investment. I have posted a screen shot from Healthydrones of my longest flight today. I did one other test today. I stopped at a place that I had flown before to film an old abandoned house that sits about 2300 feet from the road. The quality of the video feed back to the tablet seemed to be improved.

Attachments

• flog.jpg
    flog.jpg
    401.3 KB · Views: 433
Reactions: mtuhoop24
I got 1.3 miles today stock. My argtek is in Los Angeles customs for 10 days but should receive next week. I will do the same flight once I make the mod and post. Stay tuned.
6568296ba9533a726f9ca13941c80129.jpg

Is I worth it because recently I got 6600 ft right out of the box

I don't know yet since I haven't received the mod. It's been stuck in customs. Once I make the mod, I'll fly same path for comparison and post.

Reactions: dirkclod
Any more news or updates from people who have installed this? Just looking for a reasonable improvement in both RC and video reception - not trying to do ranges beyond a kilometer, but hoping to clean up signal in a suburban area.

I haven't really tried distance with mine yet. I have noticed that I need to point it at it directly now for full signal where before I didn't have to as much. I have a feeling this is going to be worse then stock. I hope to do a distance flight this weekend

I've baselined my stock flight distance with a very specific height (122m, 400') and in a specific location, and found that it starts to struggle between 1230 and 1260m. Unfortunately, I'm on day 26 of waiting since ordering my kit off of Ebay with no tracking updates since it was in Taiwan. I'd love to test it, but I'm starting to wonder if I'll actually end up receiving it. For anyone ordering the kit, I suggest ordering off of Amazon as the Ebay seller doesn't seem to understand what "Expedited International Shipping" is. According to the tracking, mine is (supposedly) coming by letter post.

**** it my finger is on the trigger at amazon but these mixed reviews are killin me...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart